Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: book - Survival Disaster and Tactical Medicine

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

Thumbs up book - Survival Disaster and Tactical Medicine

Here is a book that was recently put into print. I bought a copy on May 10th and am just waiting on the military postal service to deliver it (it has already shipped ). Lulu also has a 20% off coupon for the month of May. It is MAYBOOK

It is good to be able to have medical books, as one never knows when it might hit the fan and knowledge is needed to save ones self or ones loved one.
    This book is written by a professional in the UK and the book came recommended to me so just wanted to share with you all. I'll update with a review when my copy gets here.

Survival Disaster and Tactical Medicine by Chris Breen in Medicine & Science

CONTENTS
    INTRODUCTION
    CHAPTER 1 EXAMINATION OF PATIENTS
    CHAPTER 2 ENVIRONMENTAL PROBLEMS
    CHAPTER 3 BITES AND STINGS
    CHAPTER 4 DEALING WITH PARASITES
    CHAPTER 5 FOOT CARE
    CHAPTER 6 TRAUMA
    CHAPTER 7 JOINT PROBLEMS
    CHAPTER 8 ALLERGIC REACTION
    CHAPTER 9 RESPIRATORY ILLNESSES
    CHAPTER 10 ABDOMINAL ILLNESSES
    CHAPTER 11 NEUROLOGICAL PROBLEMS
    CHAPTER 12 CIRCULATORY PROBLEMS
    CHAPTER 13 DIABETES
    CHAPTER 14 INFECTIOUS DISEASES
    CHAPTER 15 POISONING
    CHAPTER 16 SHOCK
    CHAPTER 17 EAR, NOSE AND THROAT (ENT)
    CHAPTER 18 EYE PROBLEMS
    CHAPTER 19 SKIN CONDITIONS
    CHAPTER 20 MINOR MEDICAL PROBLEMS
    CHAPTER 21 MEDICATION
    CHAPTER 22 VACCINES (IMMUNISATION)
    CHAPTER 23 ROUTES OF DRUG ADMINISTRATION
    CHAPTER 24 CLINICAL SKILLS
    CHAPTER 25 MEDICAL KITS & SUPPLIES
    CHAPTER 26 EMERGENCY DENTISTRY
    CHAPTER 27 SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASES (STD)
    CHAPTER 28 REPRODUCTIVE ORGANS
    CHAPTER 29 LONG TERM CARE
    CHAPTER 30 TACTICAL CONSIDERATIONS
    CHAPTER 31 TRIAGE
    APPENDIX 1 GCS
    APPENDIX 2 MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY
    INDEX

Introduction
    The author is a Registered Nurse who served with the RAMC, a Paramedic and Clinical Tutor with additional qualifications in Trauma and Remote Medicine. He has had a long term interest in Survival medicine and is the Medical Advisor for a Survival group and runs courses in Survival Medicine.

The contents of this book are derived from a number of articles which have been published online and the syllabus of the Wilderness Medicine Course he runs.

The aim of this work is to provide the lay person with the knowledge and skills to deal with a variety of medical conditions and traumatic injuries usually dealt with by Health Care Professionals.

Equipment, medical supplies and initial first aid treatment is covered, if the injury or illness would benefit from more advanced measures then these are detailed as well as any skills needed to carry them out. We will also look at aftercare and the limitations of care without the benefit of a modern health service.

If access to emergency services or normal health care is obtainable this should always be done, the advanced advice and techniques in this book should only be practiced by lay people if no other help is available and would not be for some time.
    Scenarios where this could apply is in a Survival situation, where the time normally taken to be rescued may be delayed or when involved in major disaster where normal health services are unable to cope or have ceased to function.

Life is uncertain, people who are involved in survival situations, disasters and accidents are often unprepared both in knowledge and supplies. This book is intended to give you a grounding in medical care and encourage you to prepare supplies suitable to your level of knowledge and likely situations you may encounter.

It is hoped it will be useful to those who partake in extreme and wilderness sports and activities as well as those who are interested in survivalism and preparedness.

However reading a book is never a substitute for proper training and experience. Anyone seriously interested in using this knowledge should seek additional training with a reputable training organisation to the desired skill level. The author takes no responsibility for the use of the information contained herein by non Health Care Professionals.
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Thumbs up Good post..

Basic medical info can save a life, with just a little knowledge.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

For those that want the book but want it in electronic format, the ebook version is now available. Survival, Disaster and Tactical Medicine by Chris Breen in Medicine & Science
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Their is a guy here in town whose neck I would like too snap.
    Mike you know that big rich guys house coming in off the river. My buddy Mark.
    The one with the negro statue sitting on his dock.
    I almost had it sold for him. He was gonna give me 10 grand.
    Long story. Tell you when I see you.
    But does the book show you how too snap a neck?
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Statue? What is it 4th? A lawn jockey?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default Yeah... Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by BBill View Post
    Statue? What is it 4th? A lawn jockey?
    He sold the house. Dont know what happened too the statue.
    Guess the new people didnt like it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails book - Survival Disaster and Tactical Medicine-crabs-ak-002.jpg  

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    Their is a guy here in town whose neck I would like too snap.
    Mike you know that big rich guys house coming in off the river. My buddy Mark.
    The one with the negro statue sitting on his dock.
    I almost had it sold for him. He was gonna give me 10 grand.
    Long story. Tell you when I see you.
    But does the book show you how too snap a neck?
    That will be an interesting story to hear.
    As for snapping a neck - my book came today in the mail and I haven't found anything in there yet about how to snap a neck Sounds like you should be able to figure that out on your own. LOL
    That statue would have been neat to have. What was wrong with it? Hope the new owners didn't get rid of it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Thanks, I just ordered the book. Rather have the hard copy just in case. Can't always pack around a computer or use one if theres a loss of electricity (or emp attack).
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Your shirt is on the way. The guy in the P.O. almost needed your medical book.
    I had too fill out 8 pages of custom forms. My God. I almost went too the airport and hand delivered it.
    Its a T shirt for Gods sake.
    Then he said $39.95 for delivery. WTF over. It has an APO address.
    No. It is $4.95.
    Oh sorry. I am from England. I am new here.
    Then what the hell are you doing in our P.O..
    We kicked your asses in the 1700s. I might just do it again.
    I left five bucks on the counter and walked out. Let me know if it is not there before the next elections.
    The P.O. is going too hell. Now their hiring illegal Brits for Gods sake.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    Your shirt is on the way. The guy in the P.O. almost needed your medical book.
    I had too fill out 8 pages of custom forms. My God. I almost went too the airport and hand delivered it.
    Its a T shirt for Gods sake.
    Then he said $39.95 for delivery. WTF over. It has an APO address.
    No. It is $4.95.
    Oh sorry. I am from England. I am new here.
    Then what the hell are you doing in our P.O..
    We kicked your asses in the 1700s. I might just do it again.
    I left five bucks on the counter and walked out. Let me know if it is not there before the next elections.
    The P.O. is going too hell. Now their hiring illegal Brits for Gods sake.
    4th - will let you know when it gets here. I figure it should hopefully make it sometime next week.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.