Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Downsized: Family lives mortgage-free in 320-square-foot home

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

I suppose you can only place a "mobile home" in a mobile home park, as well!

You can't tell the home I used to own from any stick-built, it's in a nice neighborhood and no problem with the building permit.

Agree, politics can be a bitch!
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sjohnson View Post
    I suppose you can only place a "mobile home" in a mobile home park, as well!
    No, but when I was a teenager, you had to get a vehicle inspection sticker for your mobile home. I remember seeing mobile homes with neat rows of them. At least you didn't have to pull it down to an "authorized inspection station" like your car. I'm fairly sure they just sent you the sticker so you had proof you'd paid your mobile home tax.

I lived in a bunch of different mobile homes when growing up and when I first got out on my own. Even the least of them was way better than a cell in one of those big rabbit-hutch apartment buildings.

Feedback Score

My wife and myself just bought 13 acres and are building a small home on it for us. 20x12 with a full basement and 2nd floor...

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

That sounds like one of those old Amish houses I saw out in Delaware. They were tall and skinny. I think they did it so downstairs heat warmed the upper story.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.