Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A different twist on storable foods.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Default A different twist on storable foods.

Does any one know of a storable food distributor that handles a gluten free line of products? I searched several and came up with no search results.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Thanks SJ. Wow none of that stuff is inexpensive is it?

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

tanvil - what type of gluten free foods are you looking for? Any item in particular? Are you looking for long term storage or short term?
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

I have a friend who can't eat gluten. He explained the whole celiac thing to me which made me realize that most of what is on hand in an emergency is actually poison to many people. I set out looking for gluten free long term storage in either FD or dehydrated entree type meals. I have not had great results so far.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

Tanvil - maybe some gluten free pasta sauce mix Dixie Diner Carb Counters Pasta Sauce Mix and some gluten free pasta to go with it Heartland Gluten Free Pasta Also from the same site are many categories of gluten free foods Netrition.com's Gluten Free Products I linked to netrition as I've ordered various items from them since around 2000 (most recent order about a month ago) and have always got great service and good prices. Other than being a happy customer - I'm not affiliated with them in any way.

As for bulk storage - rice would be a good one. Instant potatoes (betty crocker brand says it on the box) are gluten free. As for flours or other baking items, though they are a little more costly - Bob's Red Mill brand makes gluten free flours, bread mixes, cookie mixes, cake mixes, cereals, etc. Gluten Free - Bob's Red Mill

Also Dixie Diner Dixie Diners' Club sells gluten free items (pancake mixes, pastas, pasta sauce mixes, etc). Granted it isn't in bulk, but many of the items could be put back for variety in meals.

Here is a site with gluten free long life storable foods Storable Gluten Free Food It looks like a variety of items.

Alpine Aire sell gluten free foods - good for backpacking, storage, survival, etc Gluten Free Foods : AlpineAire Foods, Naturally Good Food Anytime / Anywhere

Hope this helps some - I'll see if I can find any other sources for you.
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

tanvil - still looking around for items to link to, did any of the links above help, or are you looking for different items?

Food allergies keeps it interesting. It is better for people to find out now than when they have a bad allergy to their food storage with nothing else to eat.

Feedback Score

Augason sells Gluten free items. Sam's Club sells Augason products on line. I thinks Costco carries a few items as well.

Feedback Score

You can buy direct from Augason but it is more expensive than Sam's Club.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

This has been extremely helpful. Thank you.

I forwarded some of the links on to him and started making a list of things to bring into my own house. I would hate to meet some one in need of food, just to find out that I have nothing to offer.

As a side note, I bought a bunch of freeze dried stuff under the ''Thrive'' label recently.
    So far we've only opened the blueberries and peas, but they are excellent. My wife has used them in several recipes and by the time she works her juju on them, they taste like fresh picked.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.