Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Doomsday Preppers

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

"Survival Mom" who said on the Survivalist Boards that they did a lot of things for "dramatic" effects.

From SM:

Since I was one of the preppers in the show, let me give you a little background. First, we had no idea whatsoever what the expert would say about our preps. The producer sent me casually worded questions in emails and, unknown to me, forwarded them to his 'expert'. At no point did he ever tell me that someone else was reading my emailed responses.

Since we had no idea what the critique would be, we were told to give a variety of vocal and facial responses -- nodding our head like, "He's got a point," to "I'm not so sure about that." When I was first asked to be a part of this, I turned them down, and it wasn't until they revamped their plan, that I agreed. The whole "expert critique" thing wasn't handled honestly, though, and they did the editing as they saw fit.

As far as finding silver quarters in circulation, I actually would challenge someone to do just that! I'm always checking my change and 1971 or so is the oldest quarter I've yet to find. I'm certain that any 90% silver coins out there are being returned to the Mint.

I'd be happy to answer any questions about our experience. I'm not concerned about Opsec because we are in the process of relocating, and the sooner we get out of this desert, the better!

Lisa
    TheSurvivalMom
    Can I add one more comment? That delivery truck at night? TOTAL FAKE. We would NEVER do that and have no reason to. The producer needed drama and other than an occasional fight between my kids, we really don't have any drama around here. LOL Making a big to do about delivering food at night would, he thought, illustrate opsec. And, remember, the audience they were going for are NOT the survivalists/preppers out there!

Oh, one other thing. Someone emailed me and asked about the whole evacuation thing. Not everyone in America has a friend or family member who owns a farm or lives on acreage in a little rural town. If we want to bug out to a relative's home, we'll have to hightail it to Texas, some 1500 miles away. Not impossible but also not the most practical thing when TSHF.

Because we live in the Phoenix area, we are a virtual island surrounded by hundreds of miles of desert and there are very few routes out of town. We have two young kids. Exactly how are we supposed to evacuate? On foot? On our bikes? If there ever were a worst case disaster in Phoenix, the safest place to be will be at home, NOT on one of the 3 or 4 routes out of town, especially in the summer.

It's not that we haven't discussed getting out of Dodge but I'd rather face whatever may happen in Phoenix, than face 200 miles of desert. Some preppers have no choice but to hunker down, and at the moment, that includes us. And then, of course, we have our security plans, which we didn't discuss with NatGeo.

I probably should be writing this on my blog.
    Moral of the story: Don't believe everything you see on television.

As far as the others are concerned, I saw the guy with the swimming pool set up on YouTube before and the other two guys in the large cabin have their own YouTube Channels:

Davids channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/southernprepper1#g/u

Scotts channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/engineer775
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I'm not a super survivalist but do have a couple of stashs that could get me outa Dodge if need be. With all that's going on nowdays, it would be impossible to plan for every thing, where would you start, and how much to spend doing it without becomming a "NUT" about it or broke? I can live off the land if I had to with no issue so just the basics for me. Whats that old Hank Jr. song, Country Boys Can Survive !! After all you put all your eggs in one basket, the basket gets to heavey to move. A little bit every where is for me. Never know some archaeologist may just find my achient stash a thousand years from now.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

The guy (Dennis McClung) with the pool has a couple websites:

http://gardenpool.org/

http://www.2012supplies.com/

His YouTube channel is: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheGardenPool
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Fyredup hit the nail on the head though, it's the every day disasters that will throw ya for a loop. You have to be prepaired for just about anything, and you have to depend on yourself to get by for the biggest part. Sorry to hear about your wifes cancer, that's a thing that is a tough row to hoe, for sure, there's so many uncertantities involved. I hope for you both that everything works out OK. My prayers will be with you both, stay strong. I try to keep at least a couple months worth of supplys of every thing on stock, at least. The fall I took put me outa commission for the last 4+ years, and that's one I didn't see comming eather. The be prepared for "BLANK" statement is a good way to go, any thing can happen at any time, who knows??? Especally in todays climate.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Blade View Post
    Moral of the story: Don't believe everything you see on television.
    GASP! I'm shocked - SHOCKED - that the story would be intentionally misleading in any way shape or form. I thought they reported "just the facts"

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

It all comes to an end when it does?

Stay drunk and get laid till then!

CHEERS!!!!
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

ORDER ANOTHER CASE OF 9MM!!!!!!
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Why would you want 9mm... get a .40 barrel for that Uzi

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

Just watched the entire show. Interesting. someone should tell the first guy (dennis) that the chem suits don't work 6 hours after being removed from the plastic. At least thats what the army told us.....Only thing we really used them for was to stay warm when needed.
    And lets not even begin with those old gas masks. He actually thinks those will work.....

Well after I watched this me and wife went all "specops" to the grocery store to buy some twinkies...don't want no one peekin!

Overall it was interesting but I found a few flaws ( or at least what I think are flaws)
    "Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway." - The Duke

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Smile Yes MUSIBIKE..

Quote Originally Posted by MUSIBIKE View Post
    It all comes to an end when it does?

Stay drunk and get laid till then!

CHEERS!!!!
    And what is the single largest selling item in the stores down here in hurricane alley when a storm is heading our way.
    If you guessed beer you are correct.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.