Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Doomsday Preppers

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Doomsday Preppers

Just a heads up - Monday June 27th on NatGeo:

Unique in their beliefs, motivations and strategies, explore the lives of four families preparing for the end of the world as we know it. From bunkers to fortified off-the-grid locations, these doomsday preppers will go to whatever lengths they can to make sure they are prepared for any of lifeís uncertainties. And with our expertís assessment, they will find out their chances of survival if their worst fears became a reality.

Doomsday Preppers | National Geographic Channel

Black Blade: Might be good or might be designed to portray preppers/survivalists as crackpots.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

We all of common sense know what is coming awfully soon. GOD bless this site and a means for us to communicate with like minded spirits who KNOW what is to soon come.

Please prepare my brothers! Life as we know it right now is soon to change big time. Many here know what one must do to help themselves and prepare. From experiance and real life rigor many know are are offering free advise to help you.

It is most advised that anyone here seeing our post NOW begin to become prepared to deal with what is coming real soon.
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score

So what EXACTLY is coming?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Post FyredUp

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    So what EXACTLY is coming?
    Survivalists are people who essentially are preparing for the impending depression. Which essentially, is here.
    When the depression gets in full swing, not just at the tipping point yet.
    I dont think people are going too stand in line for bread, like they did in the 30s.
    People of today, dont have the mindset of waiting for anything.
    Hard too believe their are many people out there who dont know how too light a fire, or understand milk comes from a cow.
    Not so much country folk, my .02.
    But survivalist's worries are that when, or if, store shelves go empty. Well. Those not prepped, will just head too their neighbors house too eat.
    People go into panic attacks when their power goes out.
    It does not have too be the economy, too make survivalists do what they do.
    Natural catastrophic disasters, could cause food too not hit the shelves. Look at Katrina.
    Down here in "hurricane alley." Longest I have seen without power, so far, was two weeks, hurricane damage.
    Our small "country" community came together and we made out just fine.
    So I would guess the answer is all of the above.
    Like they taught us in the Boy Scouts when we were kids. "Be Prepared."
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

lets see things to prep for --

tornados, if you live around here tornados are pretty obvious.

hurricanes -- another pretty obvious dangerous thing.

earthquakes --another mass destruction act of "god"

and then you have the man made disasters like reactor melt-downs, war, crime, economic crashes --

the real question is ARE YOU PREPARED?

Feedback Score

My point to my question was simple, people talk all the time about the impending _____________. But the truth is it is all gut feeling as to what will happen and when and/or if. People being survivalists is nothing new, in moden times it has been going on since the end of WWII and though out the entire cold war. Home bomb shelters were a pefect example of that.

The real answer is yes I am prepared, and every day I get more prepared. To me prepping is about not only the "apocalypse" but the everyday tragedies that occur. Like my wife having breast cancer and while undergoing treatment she was unable to work, so we counted on our preps, food and otherwise, to help us get through. Some say that's not what prepping is about, but to me anyways it is EXACTLY one of the things that prepping is about.

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    My point to my question was simple, people talk all the time about the impending _____________. But the truth is it is all gut feeling as to what will happen and when and/or if. People being survivalists is nothing new, in moden times it has been going on since the end of WWII and though out the entire cold war. Home bomb shelters were a pefect example of that.

The real answer is yes I am prepared, and every day I get more prepared. To me prepping is about not only the "apocalypse" but the everyday tragedies that occur. Like my wife having breast cancer and while undergoing treatment she was unable to work, so we counted on our preps, food and otherwise, to help us get through. Some say that's not what prepping is about, but to me anyways it is EXACTLY one of the things that prepping is about.
    Very well put Fyred!!!

I strongly agree that being prepared IS all about straightening out life's little curves.

I too am concerned about a SHTF event. But no matter what happens, have a couple of weeks worth of food, and some ability to rapidly store water for the same amount of time is a really good insurance policy. Of course, an AK and a big pile of ammo does not hurt either.....
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Do the prep work, but stay mentally balanced.
    Disasters hit on their terms, not yours.
    A broken arm, or leg could set your entire strategy back
    near zero. We are mortal and dependant upon each other
    as family or small groups of survivors.
    If you have underdeveloped social skills and unable to make quick
    correct decisions, you may not make the 'survival of the fittest'
    cut. Depending on just how bad things may become, those who
    can think minutes, days, months ahead, will survive.

The residents who toughed out Stalingrad envied the dead.
    Nothing wrong with that feeling, it's a part of becoming a greater
    spiritual being. It sometimes is not what you possess, but what resources
    lay within yourself.

Will I pity those who had not the opportunity to earn their bread by
    the sweat of their own brow?
    Not at all, for they will meet bliss at their quick demise.
    I pray for a rapture, that would be nice for a lot of folks.
    But, me, I'll probably hang around till the last dog dies.
    Charter member-Busted Box Club est. 2006

"I will adhere to the Patriot Act, the one signed in 1776"
    - Marc Anderson

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Doomsday Preppers

It's on Youtube if you want to see it. One of the families is "Survivalist Mom" who has her own blog. She posted on Survivalist Boards about how the producers had them ham it up and situations were scripted for televisions dramatic effects (to be expected). Anyway...... enjoy:

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Part 4:

Still not as flakey as I would expect to see portrayed. Some good ideas.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Smile

Anything that hits the tele. has too be hammed up, or people wont watch it.
    The "Duke" won WWII, Rambo won VietNam. They saved Private Ryan, who really was not Private Ryan and that aint how it happened.
    But what the hell. They sold a lot of popcorn that week.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.