Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jobless and Living in my Truck

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Jobless and Living in my Truck

Jobless and Living in my Truck

By Trooper Dan

Snippit:

I have been waiting for sometime to share information I know. I have been living in my truck for about 6 months now due to a job loss in Ohio where I'm from, I have since moved to South Florida and am now living In my BOV, As an outdoor enthusiast this is easy for me to do, but I think this is a sign of things to come and seeing people living in tents and vehicles everywhere ( remember "hoover towns"?). The "mobile homelessness" is so bad that the cops dont even stop people from doing it anymore.

I am a professional at what I do, I do not look homeless, I'm just an average guy that has fallen victim to the current economic downturn. Basically I feel like I am camping and I do not consider myself homeless, its a sad fact that I have seen entire families living out of a vehicle who are ill equipped and not accustomed to such inconveniences.

Interesting thread at another site - The story continues here: http://whenshtf.com/showt...truck...-%28with-Pics%29

Black Blade: A very good study in one man's journey through living out of his truck. I read this some time ago and he was in the process of building himself an 'off grid" cabin.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Builder, Destroyer, Hater SLUG36's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Man, sory to hear about your situation. But, it looks like you have that little Toyota set up good. I had a hard time while working out of town staying in a motel 6 for 6 months. I hope you have some kind of "home defence" on the ready.
    What I lack in accuracy, I make up for in Volume!!!!

I am my favorite American gunnerxxx's Avatar
    Feedback Score

god bless you Bro!

I am my favorite American gunnerxxx's Avatar
    Feedback Score

I went back and noticed your post is almost three years old hope your doing well and on your feet by now.

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

IIRC - Trooper Dan and Black Blade are not the same person.

Black Blade - if I remember right, isn't Trooper Dan back in Ohio now? I remember reading his story a few years back and it is quite interesting. He had a job at a campground in the Florida Keys also, and lived in his truck there too??
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sniper69 View Post
    IIRC - Trooper Dan and Black Blade are not the same person.

Black Blade - if I remember right, isn't Trooper Dan back in Ohio now? I remember reading his story a few years back and it is quite interesting. He had a job at a campground in the Florida Keys also, and lived in his truck there too??
    Whoa! I am not Trooper Dan. His story is interesting tho and the thread is several pages long. The last I heard he returned home and is back in the rat race so to speak. I thought his camper was well designed and organized. He was also working on an "off the grid" cabin. In fact I think his thread is still ongoing at the WTSHTF site.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Whoa! I am not Trooper Dan.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Comments about Trooper Dan's thread (on other forums) have been interesting. "What an idiot" or "I'd never do that" seem to pop up regularly.

Heck, Dan was stylin'; all Kwai-Chang Caine needed was his bedroll and his flute...

Most Americans go out to work, but they live at home. In other countries, it's common for people to only go home to sleep. Otherwise, they're at the game, or the pub, or the club, or out on a date, or hanging out with friends, or whatever. I'm pretty sure while Dan slept in the truck, he didn't *live* there, at least not when he was parked somewhere where there was someplace else to be.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

rotflmao...........

thought it was pretty clear from the start the BlackBLade was posting this about someone else. if not he had a hell of a cell phone internet package back when he first made this post.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Blade View Post
    Whoa! I am not Trooper Dan.
    I know, but some others seemed to think otherwise. It is a good way to get a chuckle though.
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.