Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: You Know That Your City Has Become A Hellhole When….

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Okay, explain why.
    Because in addition to paying for my own transportation, I am being forced to pay for somebody else's who chooses not to pay for their own. Take the "public" out of it, and force it to turn a profit (or die), then I have no problem with buses. You do not have a right to be carted around town at my expense!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Oh, but they are just ENTITLED to a free living!

We handed out $5 to a hobo who came into the place we ate out at last night. Came right up to the table and interrupted the meal asking for a hand out. $5 cost less than pulling out my carry weapon and getting into all of that.

So, I think Cities just provide support to keep a lid on it all. Until one day, it runs dry.

That day is coming when we gotta.........
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

There starting to let out "non violent" criminals around here now. I sure hope Vt dosn't turn into one. I've started to carry again in the 2 large cities, for around here "large". Bad sign.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default twa.

Quote Originally Posted by twa2471 View Post
    There starting to let out "non violent" criminals around here now. I sure hope Vt dosn't turn into one. I've started to carry again in the 2 large cities, for around here "large". Bad sign.
    Brattelboro, exit 2 there in Vermont.
    Has, or had when I was there, the distinction of being the highest per capita capture of most wanted criminals.
    When bad guys want too disapear.
    Hell, aint a much better place than the wilds of Vermont.
    Keep yer powder dry.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Oh ya, the northeast kindom is a place that you can pretty much disapear if you want to, lots of deep woods to get lost in. Brattelboro and Bennington areas, in southern Vt, still gets it's share of drug dealer arrests from people comming out of Mass and NYC, seems to be a "hot bed" for those activities as well as St Johnsburry area in northern Vt. and Rutland area in central Vt. I could care less about weed but all the hard drugs that are turning up around here kinda has me worried, there has been an influx of heroin, oxycodone and all that kind of shit recently. Just like anywhere else it's getting worse all over,not anything like when we were younger.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by netpackrat View Post
    Because in addition to paying for my own transportation, I am being forced to pay for somebody else's who chooses not to pay for their own. Take the "public" out of it, and force it to turn a profit (or die), then I have no problem with buses. You do not have a right to be carted around town at my expense!
    Really? The buses in your city don't charge the passengers? The buses may be subsidized but I don't know of any public transportation system that lets people ride for free.

What exactly do you believe taxes should pay for? Police? Firefighters? EMS? Road repair? Water and sewer services? Libraries? Schools? What exactly?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by twa2471 View Post
    Oh ya, the northeast kindom is a place that you can pretty much disapear if you want to, lots of deep woods to get lost in. Brattelboro and Bennington areas, in southern Vt, still gets it's share of drug dealer arrests from people comming out of Mass and NYC, seems to be a "hot bed" for those activities as well as St Johnsburry area in northern Vt. and Rutland area in central Vt. I could care less about weed but all the hard drugs that are turning up around here kinda has me worried, there has been an influx of heroin, oxycodone and all that kind of shit recently. Just like anywhere else it's getting worse all over,not anything like when we were younger.
    Everywhere twa, everywhere, the breakdown is occurring.
    No different than the big cities.
    I lived in a lot of different places, Vermont being one of them.
    Now living is a small community, swamp in Florida.
    The dangers are not much different than big city life.
    Just being in small towns, everyone knows everyone else's business and we hear more.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Really? The buses in your city don't charge the passengers? The buses may be subsidized but I don't know of any public transportation system that lets people ride for free.

What exactly do you believe taxes should pay for? Police? Firefighters? EMS? Road repair? Water and sewer services? Libraries? Schools? What exactly?
    What they charge doesn't cover the cost of the service, and none of it should be subsidized. Also, even if they eliminated the subsidy, the fact that the government is doing it at cost is keeping anybody else from running it as a business, because it's tough to compete when your competitor doesn't have to turn a profit. It should be eliminated entirely. There is no reason to have a bus service at the public expense, except as a tool for forcing the productive to subsidize the less productive. If it can't exist as a privately funded venture, then it shouldn't exist at all.

Police, emergency services, roads, utilities, etc, are a red herring. Those are services that everybody uses, that for the most part can't be practically provided by the private sector. The competitive model doesn't really work when there is physically only room for one road, one utility, etc. As for schools, I would say that those who choose to have children, should bear the entire cost of their education. Nothing against people having kids, but why should I have to pay to educate my neighbor's 5 kids in addition to my one?

Feedback Score

i smell a troll

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by frankothebull View Post
    i smell a troll
    Dude, paranoid much? Maybe in your little 1/4 acre of the world everyone agrees with everything you say but fortunately for the rest of the country people actually DISCUSS things without people having to immediately go into the gutter calling names.

I didn't call any names. I asked a couple of simple questions. I don't see the need to immediately divide the country into them and us on every topic. If you don't like what I have to say then don't read my posts. But you won't drive me away or stop me from speaking my mind by calling me a troll.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.