Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Digging in for Judgment Day

I am my favorite American gunnerxxx's Avatar
    Feedback Score

I have the answer to all of this. Each individual knows what they require to survive no one has the same needs. Its your life, prepare now. I dont have a butt load of $$ and a 100 acres in the middle of nowhere. I have a strong will to live and provide for myself, and enough common sense to know that my time will be limited without resourses, but I refuse to think about giving up.

Only the Stong and Lucky will Survive!!

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerxxx View Post
    I have the answer to all of this. Each individual knows what they require to survive no one has the same needs. Its your life, prepare now. I dont have a butt load of $$ and a 100 acres in the middle of nowhere. I have a strong will to live and provide for myself, and enough common sense to know that my time will be limited without resourses, but I refuse to think about giving up.

Only the Stong and Lucky will Survive!!
    I agree that a strong will to live and common sense will take you far. But there IS a need for resourses, there is a need for a support network (whether just family or a few tight friends), there is a need for medicines, both over the counter, and pescription. A strong will to surrvive is meaningless if you are diabetic and can't get your insulin, or if you injure yourself, get infected and have no antibiotics. This is my point about complications...even worse if the diabetic, or asthmatic, or injured person is your kid.

I wish I had the answers, but the simple fact is many will die because of the inability to take care of what we look at as controllable diseases and illnesses. It is impossible to store enough of these meds to last more than a few months in some cases.

Feedback Score

Please don't think I am being confrontational or taking the mick, I am not. It's just very interesting that people will spend a whole lot of cash and time planning for something that's not likely to ever happen. I guess our perception of the US (being from the UK) is that you guys have the biggest military power on our planet and the most resources, not many countries are going to go head to head with the US. So are you guys planning for an invasion, or internal conflict with the government?
    I guess in the UK, we haven't really got much of an option but to sit back, there isn't any major areas of land and any land around will cost so much it's not economically viable (around $10000 per acre for agri land which can not be developed in any way). So where is the threat likely to come from? Not many will even think of invading the US, lets be honest they would be crushed before entering over US waters. The UK is used to terror attacks, if 9/11 happened in the UK, the reprisals would be horrendous but even if it were a civil war, there would be little place to hide and hold out. So I guess it's different and we have a different attitude to things like that. That said, I see more and more people stock piling dry foods "just-in-case" but you guys seem to take it to a completely different level. I would love a cabin in the woods to hold out or simply to get away from modern living.

John

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.