Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Live Free or Die in Texas

  1. #11
    BANNED FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,458
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    I'm no psychologist but go back and look at the pictures. No one looks into the camera except the teen aged girl. Most are looking down, some with their eyes closed. No one looks even remotely happy. Yepper, that seems like a wonderful life...

  2. #12
    GuncoHolic BBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,186
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    I'm no psychologist but go back and look at the pictures. No one looks into the camera except the teen aged girl. Most are looking down, some with their eyes closed. No one looks even remotely happy. Yepper, that seems like a wonderful life...
    Look at them again-the singles are cropped from the one with all of them in it.

  3. #13
    Gunco Member 2ndamndmnt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    271
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

    Default

    kinda looks to me like they are trying to listen to someone or something. maybe someone was talking when they took the picture. like someone was talking to the old man and they wanted to hear what was being said. i wasnt there so i can not say for a fact, just sayin

  4. #14
    AKAHOLIC o.d. ak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    South West Missouri
    Posts
    1,587
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

    Default

    Or maybe they really didn't want to be there to be interviewed and just wanted to be left alone but came along out of priciple ?

  5. #15
    BANNED FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,458
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by o.d. ak View Post
    Or maybe they really didn't want to be there to be interviewed and just wanted to be left alone but came along out of priciple ?
    Really? They are on private property, if they don't want to be interviewed you don't let the press on your property. Hell, they are in TEXAS, ever hear of the Castle Doctirne? If they weren't invited there they could have shot and killed them and been completely legal.

    This whole thing stinks to high heaven that ANYONE, including ANYONE here, would defend a common criminal, that bit a police officer over a simple traffic stop that HE escalated into an 11 year standoff that involves hiding behind children. He is no hero, he is no revolutionary, he is no patriot...HE IS A COMMON CRIMINAL. No matter how hard you want to paint him as something else.

  6. #16
    AKAHOLIC o.d. ak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    South West Missouri
    Posts
    1,587
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Really? They are on private property, if they don't want to be interviewed you don't let the press on your property. Hell, they are in TEXAS, ever hear of the Castle Doctirne? If they weren't invited there they could have shot and killed them and been completely legal.

    This whole thing stinks to high heaven that ANYONE, including ANYONE here, would defend a common criminal, that bit a police officer over a simple traffic stop that HE escalated into an 11 year standoff that involves hiding behind children. He is no hero, he is no revolutionary, he is no patriot...HE IS A COMMON CRIMINAL. No matter how hard you want to paint him as something else.
    don't you have some occupying to be doing or something ?

  7. #17
    Gunco Regular Shooter17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    464
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

    Default

    Really? They are on private property, if they don't want to be interviewed you don't let the press on your property. Hell, they are in TEXAS, ever hear of the Castle Doctirne? If they weren't invited there they could have shot and killed them and been completely legal.
    The Castle Doctrine Law of Texas does not permit the use of deadly force for simple property trespass.

    If you shoot and kill someone in Texas because they trespassed on your property you will be charged with murder.

    In general, one or a variety of conditions must be met before a person can legally use the Castle Doctrine:

    * An intruder must be making (or have made) an attempt to unlawfully and/or forcibly enter an occupied residence, business or vehicle.
    * The intruder must be acting illegally—e.g. the Castle Doctrine does not give the right to attack officers of the law acting in the course of their legal duties
    * The occupant(s) of the home must reasonably believe that the intruder intends to inflict serious bodily harm or death upon an occupant of the home
    * The occupant(s) of the home must reasonably believe that the intruder intends to commit some other felony, such as arson or burglary
    * The occupant(s) of the home must not have provoked or instigated an intrusion, or provoked or instigated an intruder to threaten or use deadly force


    Texas Castle Doctrine - Texas Castle Bill


    Shooter

  8. #18
    BANNED FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,458
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by o.d. ak View Post
    don't you have some occupying to be doing or something ?
    Nope, I am going to be one of the few people on here that can look at this topic and see it is not about a hero, not about a revolutionary, and most certainly not a patriot. He is nothing but a common criminal hiding behind children.

    Just so you know, your idiotic ascertation that I am a leftist, occupy Wall Street guy, is not going to shut me up. A shame that since you had absolutely nothing of value to add to the discussion you had to resort to character assasination right off the bat. That tactic is usually used by people with nothing to support their side.

    I don't want people that pop in here, wondering if this might be a worthwhile site to join, thinking we are all a bunch of morons that support common criminals.

  9. #19
    BANNED FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,458
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter17 View Post
    The Castle Doctrine Law of Texas does not permit the use of deadly force for simple property trespass.

    If you shoot and kill someone in Texas because they trespassed on your property you will be charged with murder.

    In general, one or a variety of conditions must be met before a person can legally use the Castle Doctrine:

    * An intruder must be making (or have made) an attempt to unlawfully and/or forcibly enter an occupied residence, business or vehicle.
    * The intruder must be acting illegally—e.g. the Castle Doctrine does not give the right to attack officers of the law acting in the course of their legal duties
    * The occupant(s) of the home must reasonably believe that the intruder intends to inflict serious bodily harm or death upon an occupant of the home
    * The occupant(s) of the home must reasonably believe that the intruder intends to commit some other felony, such as arson or burglary
    * The occupant(s) of the home must not have provoked or instigated an intrusion, or provoked or instigated an intruder to threaten or use deadly force


    Texas Castle Doctrine - Texas Castle Bill


    Shooter
    Thank you for the clarification.

    Not that obeying the law seems to be a strong point of this group anyways.

  10. #20
    AKAHOLIC o.d. ak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    South West Missouri
    Posts
    1,587
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Nope, I am going to be one of the few people on here that can look at this topic and see it is not about a hero, not about a revolutionary, and most certainly not a patriot. He is nothing but a common criminal hiding behind children.

    Just so you know, your idiotic ascertation that I am a leftist, occupy Wall Street guy, is not going to shut me up. A shame that since you had absolutely nothing of value to add to the discussion you had to resort to character assasination right off the bat. That tactic is usually used by people with nothing to support their side.

    I don't want people that pop in here, wondering if this might be a worthwhile site to join, thinking we are all a bunch of morons that support common criminals.
    Sorry, those OWS jerks look alot like the jerks from the unions who were crying a while back. My mistake.

    Honestly i really didn't feel like responding with anything intelligent based on your response implying they could just go around shooting anyone who was on their property.

    Your point has been made. I also agree that this guy shouldn't have bitten the cop but NO-ONE knows what actually went down except Gray and the cop. Maybe the Police officer was one of those gung-ho assholes with dreams of appearing on Top Cops or some shit and things escalted out of control.

    You seem to be the one passing judgement from behind a keyboard.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •