Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Scientists Warn Supervolcano Will Destroy US

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Scientists Warn Supervolcano Will Destroy US

Scientists Warn Supervolcano Will Destroy US

Snippit:

Some of the world’s smartest geophysicists aren’t sleeping well anymore. Perhaps their dreams are filled with nightmares—if so, it wouldn’t be surprising since what they thought they knew about volcanoes wasn’t quite right. But now they know the truth—the terrifying reality—supervolcanoes are activating and can destroy America at any time. Maybe in 100 years…or maybe as early as next week…

Forget about tumbling asteroids the size of mountains bombarding Earth…Stop worrying about nuclear war…Shrug off any concerns about the coming Ice Age…Doomsday is probably closer than you think and no matter where you live you probably aren’t safe from the effects of the aftermath.

That’s the terrible reality facing scientists around the world as they scramble to revise monitoring systems to better predict the imminent destructive fury of the supervolcanoes when they blow.

For many years volcanologists thought tomorrow was a long way off. But two scientific papers published recently reassessed the danger of several ominous U.S. volcanoes: one in Death Valley, the Ubehebe Crater, is half a mile wide and more than 700 feet deep. Believed to have last erupted thousands of years ago, it’s now known to have blasted away during the 14th Century.

The other volcano, the famous Crater Lake cauldera in Oregon, can recharge itself in a few short decades and then explode with super-massive destructive force. Until lately, scientists believed that volcanoes also required thousands of years to become dangerously active again. They were wrong.

And changing it is—at an alarming rate. The changes in knowledge that have come rapidly the past few years now have some scientists biting their nails over the Doomsday supervolcano in Yellowstone Park. That volcano has shown all the signs of becoming active: parts of the ground have heated to just under 1,000⁰ F while the earth is bulging from a building lava dome and a lake has completely boiled away.

Continued: Scientists Warn Supervolcano Will Destroy U.S | Pakalert Press

Black Blade: Yep, and Yellowstone is my backyard.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Yikes....

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Some serious concern from the vulcanologists in the article. Scary sh*t if/when it happens.

Hell, I'm starting to seriously wonder if the whole Mayan calendar thing isn't real. I'm not a tin foil hat wearer, but I'm not blind either.

Supervolcanoes on the horizon.
    Our current Commander -in-Thief
    The coming financial meltdown. (which leads to----)
    The breakdown of American Society
    Civil War or Revolution
    The current situation in Syria, and potential US involvement
    The situation in Iran, and potential US involvement
    China and Russia telling the US to stay out of both or there will be WW3.
    Pending Mega-tsunami due to some pacific islands fracturing

Plus I'm sure theres a bunch of "top 10" other reasons that things are looking bad for not just America, but the world. It's the first time in my life that I truly wonder what the future hold for the Earth and civilization as we know it. Oh well, I guess I'm rambling, but I have been thinking about these things alot lately.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Thumbs up Good point 2nd....

Historic Earthquakes

Black Blade. I thing Yellow Stone is the nearest too going.
    But their are so many other faults, people are not paying attention too.
    Missouri was the largest quake we ever had in this country.
    Short of researching it.
    Their is a rock ledge off Africa. If it goes, Florida will have a sunamie.
    Were done.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

it is the END of the world as we know it. i got a bottle of tequila and i feel fine! LOL!

i figure the volcano will hold off till the iran thing gets settled--

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Why can't they ever warn us about roaming bands of Victoria Secrets models or being invaded by the Swedish bikini team?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Moleman you are a dreamin fool!!!!
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by moleman View Post
    Why can't they ever warn us about roaming bands of Victoria Secrets models or being invaded by the Swedish bikini team?
    THE SWEDISH BIKINI TEAM
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Talking

OH MY GOD.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.