Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: JUST pick three and run!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

P85 is a SUPER weapon!

Sounds like you got it more or less covered!
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I'll have my AR that has so many accessories it weighs about 20 lbs unloaded, twenty 30 rnd mags and 1000 rounds of ammo.
    I'll also have the 22 conversion and plenty of ammo for it if I need to hunt small game like rabbits.
    And of course I'll have the glock, 10 mags, plenty of ammo and I can also mount it on the hand gaurd of the AR so I'll be able to shoot further since I won't be flinching from the recoil.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by MUSIBIKE View Post
    P85 is a SUPER weapon!

Sounds like you got it more or less covered!

I love my P85. Its ugly and too damn heavy (kinda like me) but it never fails. And if I run outta ammo, just use it for a hammer till I get more and resume shooting Just try to find a review where they don't use the phrase "built like a tank".

Seriously though, when I shot at my CCDW class with it, I out shot 20 other people in the class and I was firing double action. One guy out shot me. He was an older fella, ya always gotta watch out for the old ones

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

narrowing it down to only 3 makes it tough.

if i had to hit the hills today and could only pick three--

i would probably go with

my DSA 20" ar-15 m-16 clone with a .22lr conversion kit. IF i could spare the space i would toss in the 9mm upper i just built and a spare 7.62x39 barrel bolt and a barrel wrench. i might toss in a 5 position stock and a few spare parts.

pistol --gee that is a tough one. i want to toss those 1911s in there and the witness.

since i can't pick but one i would go with my glock 31 357sig and carry a spare barrel for 40 and 9mm. i have some tuned up mags that can function with any of the three rounds.

shotgun? i am going to buck the bigger trend and go with my 20ga LW pump-gun

i might just toss the scatter-gun and carry more mags/ammo. just look and the pistol cal ammo and 5.56/.22lr i can carry for the weight of 100rds of 20ga!

IRL i think it is going to come down to what you got handy and how your going to ship out.

if i had decent transport --i'll be taking way more than just three--LOL

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default j4..

You did mention humping, so weight becomes a very important factor.
    Keep in mind. You have too have other survival gear too, well survive.
    Food, water, knife, proper clothing etc..
    All the weapons in the world are not going to do you any good, if you die of thirst.
    Some good posts on weapons choices..
    I think your A.O. would be a very important factor also in choosing weapons and ammo.
    Out west, I would want a small caliber pistol for small game and food.
    Plus a long range nice rifle with sufficent ammo.
    Down here in the swamps.
    You could probably get by with a .22 mag pistol.
    Plus a shotgun, or whatever for bigger critters. Buck shot, slugs.
    1000 rounds. My God.
    When the UPS driver shows up.
    It takes me, the driver and the kid next door too carry it in the house.
    If I ever had too hump that much now.
    I would probably drop dead, by the time I got too my mailbox.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score

I know that I said earlier that I would Take an M57. I could also take a .45 long colt Ruger. Which ammo do you guys think would be most readily available? I'm pretty much thinking neither one. Maybe I ought to be looking for something else. As much as I like both of them, they probably aren't the most practical weapons in a pinch.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i think a lot of the decision will be "whatever ammo you got on hand" balanced by the need of the situation.

survival irons like a .22/410 over under would be enough to survive with.

they wouldn't be enough firepower if you ran into a small group of armed hostiles.

like 4th said you may end up humping this "quickly and rapidly" and your still going to be toting other things your going to need to survive and i ain't talking "credit card" survival --LOL

if i left here without wheels i would be taking two horses and i can tote a lot of gear with them.

i don't think i could get them ready in 5 minutes though. if the bad guys were going to be here in 5 minutes there ain't no real place i can get to to hide/escape on foot.

i would have to get set up for the OK corral i am afraid. then which three is a moot point.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default Jeff..

Quote Originally Posted by JeffD View Post
    I know that I said earlier that I would Take an M57. I could also take a .45 long colt Ruger. Which ammo do you guys think would be most readily available? I'm pretty much thinking neither one. Maybe I ought to be looking for something else. As much as I like both of them, they probably aren't the most practical weapons in a pinch.
    I like my .45 Colt..
    Which ammo is most available? The ammo your carrying.
    The old Cowboys on the trail did not have money, or a Wally World, too quick grab ammo.
    They kept a bag of dry powder, lead, primers, saved their brass and re-loaded.
    Simple re-loading tools are available. Plus simple measuring options for your powder.
    God forbid things get too bad.
    Hell just find someone who does not need their weapon anymore and use theirs.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Weight vs firepower 1000 rnds of ammo, These with 2 mags each:

Constitution Or Bust
    Ron Paul 2012

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

M4 or Bulgy 74 (I have more ammo and mags for the 74)

.22LR ( Ruger 10/22 or Marlin Model 60)

.40 S&W Baby Eagle

Got lots of AK's, PSL's, Saiga 12's, and an M76, but they are all realistically too heavy, especially once you add humping ammo into the mix. I would forego the shotgun and take the .22 for small game, and the brick of ammo that you could pack if need be.

Man, I would hate to have to go on the move at a minutes notice and NOT be able to take sh*t with you. It would kill me to leave the collection at home, especially if theres a posibility of them being taken by scavengers. I sure don't want to arm the bad people with my nice guns!! Maybe booby trap the safes??
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.