Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ‘Buy a Gun’ & ‘Keep Your Powder Dry’: Economists Warn of Looming ‘Economic 9/11′

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Yup, no CC's here, I don't have one and very few bills, no car payments,just the normal day to day stuff, . Hope to pay off the house this summer so no more mortgage, buy a newer truck for cash. Also planning to do a small solar experiment, electricity and hot water, to see if it's worth it to go larger, a small garden, maybe some chickens and just pear down expenses to what I need to live on, and more hunting + fishing of course (good excuse). I think I'll be just fine when things fall apart, good Lord willing. I've only got social security for income so pretty tight here too. Got to be thrifty now days.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Default QUESTIONS THEM WHO NEVER PREP WILL ASK

When they come to the door asking to borrow your full gas can...........

They start jiggling the fence gate when you start cooking in the pit out back.......

You get asked, "ARE THE LIGHTS BACK ON" when the power grid falls. And, you have a generator.

Can you spare a dozen cans of food........

Got an extra gallon of drinking water........

Hey, is that weapon on your hip loaded.........
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MUSIBIKE View Post
    When they come to the door asking to borrow your full gas can........... NO

They start jiggling the fence gate when you start cooking in the pit out back....... Go Away

You get asked, "ARE THE LIGHTS BACK ON" when the power grid falls. And, you have a generator.... Nope, i will black out the windows to prevent such question, also i will be running on discreet solar.

Can you spare a dozen cans of food........ NOPE

Got an extra gallon of drinking water........ NOPE

Hey, is that weapon on your hip loaded......... What do you think ? Would you like to find out ?

See my answers above.... Though this is all dependant on who comes knocking. If it is one of my network of freinds who comes a calling and i know they are in need i would be more willing to help them out though it would come at a price (ie helping with security, gathering wood, or some other type of needed service).

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Smile Who is out there.

"Danica Patrick, I am hungry, tired, thirsty. I need a shower."
    "Go away. Do not come back."
    "Please. Help me."
    "Cant you understand the word NO. Now get out."
    Last edited by 4thIDvet; 04-23-2013 at 04:31 AM.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Mmmmm, Danica!!!!! 4th, you're just wrong for that. LOL.

One of my biggest fears, is that if/when the financial collapse comes, I won't be able to keep my home/property secure. I need some more folks in my "tribe". We live on a quiet cul de sac, but there is an apartment complex behind the subdivision. I can see the thugs coming out of the woodwork when they smell food cooking, or see me splitting logs, etc.... Then if you get in a showdown, you might win today, but tomorrow they'll come back with more. Because now they know you have stuff, and they'll want it. You try to work hard and prepare, and they want to kill you and take it all.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

BUT HOW WOULD THEY KNOW YOU HAVE STUFF? Think all those people won't "bug out" toward greener pastures when they can? Are you going to run the gen non-stop to keep your porch lights on? Very subjective stuff here. Guns, SURE, that's a given. Just be sure you spend some cash on something to protect!

The cul de sac here is very quiet and far enough away from "the ghetto" that we won't have issues here if anything happens. Last hurricane that went through here, no problems except for lack of 2-stroke oil and chain oil. I've stocked up on both Really the big concern I have now is sustainable living - working on a green house is one thing. I need to have a farm LOL
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hcpookie View Post
    BUT HOW WOULD THEY KNOW YOU HAVE STUFF? Think all those people won't "bug out" toward greener pastures when they can? Are you going to run the gen non-stop to keep your porch lights on? Very subjective stuff here. Guns, SURE, that's a given. Just be sure you spend some cash on something to protect!

The cul de sac here is very quiet and far enough away from "the ghetto" that we won't have issues here if anything happens. Last hurricane that went through here, no problems except for lack of 2-stroke oil and chain oil. I've stocked up on both Really the big concern I have now is sustainable living - working on a green house is one thing. I need to have a farm LOL
    HC, what I meant when I said "now they know you have stuff" was that if it came to a showdown today, and you had to use some of your firepower to disuade them, then obviously now they can see at least some of your armament. Then they come back with reinforcements tomorrow to try and take said armament.
    I wasn't meaning like supplies or generator or any stores that are built up. ALL that sh*t is staying as hidden as possible!!!! I'm trying to keep under the radar as much as possible.

Man I get you on the sustained living. Thats a big concern with my wife and I. We're not too worried about a month or two so much, but once you start getting beyond that, you need to have some serious plans in place. Like you said, it'd be great to have a farm. Both livestock and fields to plant grain, fruits, and veggies.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

you know if it really gets bad with looters and what not. i'll probably just "close" the road.

the other problem is i doubt danica patric is gonna come a knocking on my door!

if she stops by she is getting! she can even bring friends --long as their cute as her!--LOL

Feedback Score

@ j427x - I agree. If we see her through the crosshairs, she can “come on down”!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.