Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: the illogical approach to ammo

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

A BEER shortage would most certainly HURT BAD!!! :-(

Not looking forward to $5.00/gal for gas when the WAR starts either.

But, I have one good box of ammo for THE GUN, my Marlin single shot GLENFIELD 22 Cal rifle. :-)
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MUSIBIKE View Post
    A BEER shortage would most certainly HURT BAD!!! :-(

Not looking forward to $5.00/gal for gas when the WAR starts either.

But, I have one good box of ammo for THE GUN, my Marlin single shot GLENFIELD 22 Cal rifle. :-)
    Every time I buy ammo I buy .22---- SHTF .22 will be like gold-everybody has a 22 and people got to hunt.

Feedback Score

Along with ammo here in the South you should allso have several cases of bottled water being prepared ( Not Just Beer 4Th ) I've seen it sell for $3.00 a 16oz bottle in the past.
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and goverment, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so that the second will not become the legal version of the first" ~ Thomas Jefferson

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

How long do cans of beer keep?? I had a friend who drove a Coke truck & always had a pile of pop in his garage.,but he could not keep it long term as the coke cola ate right through the cans & made a mess on the floor!! Will beer eat up the cans??
    Then again .......I never heard of using beer to clean rust off of your bumpers....Heh....Heh
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score

Beer is at its best right after its brewed and chilled. Even refridgerated it'll only be "good" for about 6 months, tops. I would bet if you put a fresh beer and 3 month old beer side by side, you could taste a difference.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bradrock View Post
    How long do cans of beer keep?? I had a friend who drove a Coke truck & always had a pile of pop in his garage.,but he could not keep it long term as the coke cola ate right through the cans & made a mess on the floor!! Will beer eat up the cans??
    Then again .......I never heard of using beer to clean rust off of your bumpers....Heh....Heh

Should be good "forever" as most canned stuff is. Might taste a bit different but shouldn't hurt at all.

Quote Originally Posted by withers.45 View Post
    Beer is at its best right after its brewed and chilled. Even refridgerated it'll only be "good" for about 6 months, tops. I would bet if you put a fresh beer and 3 month old beer side by side, you could taste a difference.
    Thats because people are used to drinking "green" beer and when it begins to age and alter the taste its "no good" anymore. Beer is just like wine and some people think it gets better with age and some don't.

I have some ale that i brewed about 4 years ago that tastes better now than i did when i just brewed it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

A great percentage of beer that comes in cans doesn't taste worth a damn to start with.
    Beer with more character definitely can benefit from some age. I've got some barleywine down in the cellar that's really starting to shine at the five year mark.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Almost 20 years ago now I bought a case of Budweiser for some friends coming over. Still got a couple cans, never been out of the fridge. I can't get anybody that drinks to try it! Too bad ya can't legally ship the stuff, I'd let OD and Zoom try it out and report on the taste of "Chateau Bud, 1992"........

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

"Chateau Bud, 1992"........
    LOL I bet you'd have a psychedelic trip and be like this
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kernelkrink View Post
    Almost 20 years ago now I bought a case of Budweiser for some friends coming over. Still got a couple cans, never been out of the fridge. I can't get anybody that drinks to try it! Too bad ya can't legally ship the stuff, I'd let OD and Zoom try it out and report on the taste of "Chateau Bud, 1992"........

Lol... hell i would drink it. Would be interesting to tase a beer that was brewed and canned when i was only 10 years old .

I remember back around that time frame, maybe 93-94 i got ahold of some old c-rations from early seventies vietnam vintage that my dad had bought at a surplus store a year or so after the war ended and myself and a couple of friends eat them on a camping trip. The one i had was beef pot roast IIRC. 20+ years later it still tasted sort of like beef, looked a little funky but from what i understand the stuff really wasn't that appetizing when it was "fresh"...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.