Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bugging out..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

He does make a valid point but it is very one sided and I agree with him to an extent. You should still have a BOB in my opinion. From what I can understand he is talking about short term emergencies like a flood, hurrican, etc.. What I think your BOB should be for is if you are forced to leave your home and possesions. Lets face it if something big does happen you should still be prepared.I am not one of those paranoid bunker guys but common sense says that you should be prepared for all eventualities. So if the authors home is destroyed and his friends and family are dead or missing what is he going to do, sit on the pile of rubble that was once his home and wait for FEMA. LOL! Just my 2 cents.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default Govt Bunker..

Congressional Bunker Tour

"In March 1997, a several members of the Cold War Studies program drove down to White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia, to the luxurious Greenbriar Hotel. Although the hotel itself was quite a spectacle (you have to see it to believe it), what interested us most was what lay under the West Virginia wing: the Congressional bunker. Built between 1959 and 1962 and maintained until the 1990s, this facility would have served as the center of the United States government in the event of a nuclear war. Assuming of course that members of Congress could be informed and transported to the site (250 miles and 5 hours from Washington DC) and would leave behind their families (the bunker could only house 800 people). This photo shows the top page of a set of blueprints for the bunker. For the full story about the Congressional Bunker see the story by Ted Gup in the Washington Post, "The Ultimate Congressional Hideaway."

Oh I am sure they have another one, or plans too cover their miserable butts.
    Just do not go on that show. They can have one, they just do not want the sheep too have one.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score

There's several things to consider in a real SHTF situation, depending on whether it is Economic collapse, Epidemic bird flu, Terrorism water supply, Weather hurricane ect. You have no choice but to relocate in some of them, I can't say it enough, have a ( FEW alternate locations ) friends, family, co-workers to stay at temporarily. Piss poor planning, gets piss poor results.

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and goverment, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so that the second will not become the legal version of the first" ~ Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.