Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bugging out..

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Question Bugging out..

The Fallacy of Bugging Out - Are You Prepared to Be a Refugee?

Lot of talk on "Bugging Out."
    Hurricane, flood, common sense, bug out.
    But this guy tells the down side of it, pretty darn good.
    For those in the city, their may be no other option than to bug out.
    For those in rural A.O.s.
    Where are you really going to "bug out" to, that is better than your own well prepared home?
    Long read. But he kind of nails it.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Excellent read!!!!!!! Thanks for posting that 4th. My wife and I have talked at length about this subject, and while we have "bugout bags" etc.... ready to go, that is an ABSOLUTE last resort!!!!!!!!! Only if the barbarians are at the gate, and staying in our home means certain death. Short of that, we are staying put, and defending whats ours to the best of our ability. Biggest thing we want is to be left alone. Keep a low profile, and fly under the radar.

The best way to win a fight, is to avoid it in the first place!!!
    Last edited by 2ndAmendican; 05-05-2012 at 06:52 AM. Reason: Added info
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

First dibs on your guest house 4th.lol
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Stole it from the Chief up the top here.
    Long article, but interesting..
    I don't know, what do you guys think?
    Hell, I can't start a fire without a lighter.
    Now if your buggin out too a place you have supplies, fine.
    But living off the land, ah good luck.
    He gets into calories burned, water supplies, wild critters, etc.
    People see your smoke, could be the Hells Angels looking for your women and a bite to eat.
    Sorry if their are any Hells Angels here, hey I like you guys.

Rails hell yah you can use the tree house.
    Fish rite off the upper deck..
    Bring your own beer, I am not sharing.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

4TH AIN'T SHARING HIS BEER, WELL, I AM STAYING HERE THEN!
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Still a good idea to have a "BOB" bag ready, and keep it with you. The only difference between "Bugging Out" and "Getting Home" during SHTF is your direction of travel. How many people work more than a few miles away from their home? How long would it take to walk it? Could you make it with just the clothes on your back and the last Snickers Bar in the breakroom snack machine?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Good point kernel...
    I am not saying no bug out bag.
    Going out in the boat here, I bring supplies like I am spending a few days.
    Thing get that bad, hell just heave a chair throught the glass on the machine and take everyitng.

MUSIBIKE. No. No no no on the beer. Bring your own.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

this is correct.

you got to have a place to bug out to. the old days of going out to the woods and surviving are long gone.

now if you had a gulf-stream 5 tanked up on the ramp with the engines warmed up you might could bug out to OZ or Tahiti. i figure some of those crooks that have that TV game "your fired" might have a few parked on the ramp--

they may have a bad day coming--cause there may be people waiting for them--on that ramp.

now why do you think all these politicians have us tax payers BUY THEM big fat airliners to fly around with on OUR DIME?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    this is correct.

you got to have a place to bug out to. the old days of going out to the woods and surviving are long gone.

now if you had a gulf-stream 5 tanked up on the ramp with the engines warmed up you might could bug out to OZ or Tahiti. i figure some of those crooks that have that TV game "your fired" might have a few parked on the ramp--

they may have a bad day coming--cause there may be people waiting for them--on that ramp.

now why do you think all these politicians have us tax payers BUY THEM big fat airliners to fly around with on OUR DIME?
    Hey that's a good idea. I'm about 3 miles from the "downtown" airport in my AO. It's mostly general aviation and corporate jets/turboprops. We can hang out there and comandeer a "last flight out"!!! LOL.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

The bloke who wrote that article pretty much nailed it, and has stated what I have planned on for so long. I live in the middle of no where for a reason,I don't plan on leaving. I have said many times I find great fail in living in cities. The fact that only 17% of the population of the country now lives in rural areas shows a sad trend. At any time major cities are less than two weeks away from famine and chaos. My only concern is that I have to commute to one for work and I don't want caught in it if something happens.
    “Freedom. And Justice. If you have those two, it covers everything. You must stick to those principles and have the courage of your convictions.” - Ian Smith

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.