Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Orion Entertainment Casting Call for Well Armed Preppers & Their Arsenal

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Orion Entertainment Casting Call for Well Armed Preppers & Their Arsenal

Orion Entertainment Casting Call for Well Armed Preppers & Their Arsenal

Posted on May 7, 2012 byAmmoland

Orion Entertainment Is Casting For A Docu-Reality Television Pilot For Preppers In The Personal Security Space…

Orion Entertainment Casting Call for Well Armed Preppers & Their Arsenal

Orion Entertainment

Littleton, CO --(Ammoland.com)- Orion Entertainment, the world’s leader in outdoor-adventure television, is currently casting for a new docu-reality television pilot that explores weapon-savvy Americans and their families.

These regular and everyday citizens are armed and prepared for when the fabric of society unravels in the wake of any major cataclysmic event.

The weapons preppers featured in the television pilot will be armed with the latest in firearms technology, ammunitions, night vision optics, vehicles and security systems. They believe their preparedness and armament is to ensure the safety of themselves and their loved ones for catastrophic events such as terrorist attacks, economic meltdowns, global pandemics and natural disasters.

Potential candidates would need to be available for approximately 4 days of filming and provide camera access for a full 360-view of their defensive strategies:
    •On-camera interviews with preppers and their family and friends (when applicable). Need to hear of any past incidents and events that have shaped their mindset today. What motivates them now, and what are their biggest fears and thoughts on the future of the world?
    •An “all-access tour” of their security items – firearms, ammo, knives, night vision, etc. What do they have, and more importantly, why? We want audiences to be wowed by the collection!
    •Access to test-firing weapons – our preppers will show our host and audiences what their firepower can do.
    •A sneak-peak into their security and safety plans and strategies. What is the plan for an economic crisis? Tornados that wiped out the states power grids? A terrorist attack on U.S. soil?
    •What is their training of real-world scenarios and situations to keep their skills up-to-date? The preppers and our host will run the drills.
    •We want to see it all, hear it all and feel it all.

Orion Entertainment has a reputable and long standing relationship with the firearms and accessories industry as well as a proven track record in successful awareness and preparedness programming through the likes of our Don’t Be a Victim series on Spike TV. We take the need for personal protection, preparedness and awareness very seriously and our end goal is to educate the public on this vital need. Our mission is to showcase the people that are smart and are prepared. This is their insurance policy, and they’re on the right track to keeping themselves and their loved ones safe for when society unravels and for whatever the future may hold.

This is an exciting opportunity to explore the harsh realities of society today, told through the lives of the most armed people in America.

Together these American citizens – and their chilling motivations –establish the fundamental premise of this series: nothing matters if the society unravels and you can’t defend yourself, your family, and your survival cache.

PLEASE NOTE: We fully understand the need for anonymity and respect that. Only first names will be used when requested (or can be changed for protection) and only general locations will/can be used – i.e. south, east coast, mid-west.

This open casting call is for a limited time only, filming will begin very soon, so it is important to take action now. To submit yourself or someone you know for the program, please send contact information, a brief bio and a “preview” of what security items you have to gunshowcasting@gmail.com or call 720-259-1547 for more information.

OrionMultimediaTV - YouTube

Read more at Ammoland.com: Orion Entertainment Casting Call for Well Armed Preppers & Their Arsenal

Black Blade: Not my cup of tea but maybe someone here would like to do this.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

It's a trap
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Oh Yes!! Just let EVERYONE know what you have!
    What a bunch of FOOLS!!!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

foolish move
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

As much as I enjoy watching Doomsday Preppers and will probably watch this show if it makes it to the airwaves. I think the people who go on the air and show off their preparations are self defeating their purpose, because if things go south then everyone knows they have prepared.

I have come to believe that most people have a total lack of common sense
    “Freedom. And Justice. If you have those two, it covers everything. You must stick to those principles and have the courage of your convictions.” - Ian Smith

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

it is all holly-weird!

it will probably star former child actors that have gone bad-- with that edgy gay angle--LOL!

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

While I think anyone who discoses their preps is a dumba$$, at least Orion is a reasonably reputable group. Their "Don't be a victim" series on Spike that was hosted by Gerald Mcreany (sp?) from "Simon and Simon", was a pretty decent show that definitely put responsible gun ownership in a positive light. I personally was very pleased at how they presented personal defense and the shooting sports. Hopefully they will do as good a job with this one, as they did on that one.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Seems like a dumb thing to do, at least to me it does. I'm no major prepper but I do have stuff in place for an emergency and a couple small cashe's set up. Nothing "super prepper" style though. No bunkers, no massive preparations , just common sense food stores, fuel,ammo, guns, cooking options and a plan ect. That's just about all you can do, I don't expect any major invasion, nor will I prep for one, just more worried about nataral dissasters more than anything else.

Ireane opened my eyes to this. And my preparations I had in place worked quite well during that, and even allowed me to be able to help out in neiboring communities that were hit worse than here. Everything I had planed for like power outages, food, fuel and other day to day needs were all covered with no issues. We lived through it just like a normal routine other than activating a couple stand-by systems I had in place, like a battery sump-pump, and a 12 volt/inverter system for lights. I do need a better solar collector though, the one I have is inadiquite for what I need for longer term use, I just have a portible one to charge a couple batteries, not enough. The power outages were sporadic so refidridearation didn't end up being an issue, but it could have been,I need to do some work there.

I spent over a week, closer to 2 weeks, going around helping out with the ATV delivering food, water, meds, supplies ect, where roads were washed out and there was no other way to get through. Our ATV club did allot during this storm as did allot of us doing things on our own or in with conjunction with FEMA, National Guard and local Fire Departments. Everyone around here pulled together real well and everyone made it through the worst of it pretty well other than the folks that had there homes washed away. Some of the rivers were unbelievible for sure, and that took setting up trams to get across some of those in places. It was kinda nice in a way to be able to break out some of the rescue gear and climbing gear and utilize it again, it gave me a chance to put all these years of training through the FD, Forest Service, and Military to good use. It also gave me an opertunity to find any weak spots in my own preparations and to just use some of the things I do have on hand. I was starting to get a bit rusty with my rope work and had to refer to my riggers hand book a couple times, been a while sense I set up a respectible tram way!!! Just something you don't normally do every day!!!

Remember you want to be prepared to help out others too, not just to worry about yourself. I think this will be the most likley senario for the future, more than "boots on the ground",and Ireane opened my eyes to this. But at least, other than a couple weak points I need to address, my systems worked very well during this storm and aftermath, so I'm pretty confident with how I'm set up.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

the media will do its best to make "preppers" all look like their arming up for some kind of alien/zombie invasion.

when in all reality it is just people trying to get ready for the next big problem coming down the pike.

here in tornado ally being prepped is no joke, and to our brothers in hurricane ally know what the F#C& we speak of.

chainsaws, backhoes, shovels, axes, portable generators, fresh water, all manner of tools, medical supplies, we know what we need cause we have run this drill many a time.

but the media--"were arming up for zombies"--yea right.

don't come begging for anything when that F-5 sits down on your lawn either, you just sit there and wait for the government to respond and see how hungry your gonna get.

we all saw what happened in "katrina" when you wait on uncle sam to do something.

a big fat F-you to all the media!--X-ray out.

Feedback Score

I think theirs better way's to get your 10min. of fame than revealing your treasure, (How your going to protect family's lives & wealth ) for all to see on a - Govt. approved T.V. channel. I'm sure there going to ask about anyone else you know who are peppers too. Remember HLS (Home Land Security) has all ready branded us Christians, Veteran's, Prepper's as potential terrorists. I think it's better to become politically active and voice your non-support of the current administration, such as there dismissal of the re-importation of M1 Grand rifles from Korea, TSA roving checkpoints on Interstates highways, ect.
    Last edited by Frogman; 05-11-2012 at 12:12 PM.
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and goverment, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so that the second will not become the legal version of the first" ~ Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.