Thread: The Top 50 Excuses For Not Prepping

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default The Top 50 Excuses For Not Prepping

The Top 50 Excuses For Not Prepping

1. "The U.S. Economy Is The Greatest Economy On The Planet - There Is No Way That It Could Ever Collapse"
    2. "Once Barack Obama Wins The Election Everything Will Be Better"
    3. "Once Mitt Romney Wins The Election Everything Will Be Better"
    4. "When Things Get Really Bad The Government Will Take Care Of Us"
    5. "When Disaster Strikes I Will Just Steal From Everyone Else That Has Been Busy Preparing"
    6. "The Rapture Will Be At Any Moment So I Don't Have To Worry About Prepping"
    7. "The Economy Has Always Recovered After Every Recession In The Past And This Time Will Be No Different"
    8. "The People That Are Running Things Are Very Highly Educated And They Know Exactly What They Are Doing"
    9. "Wal-Mart Will Always Be There"
    10. "Our Politicians Are Watching Out For Our Best Interests"
    11. "The 2012 Apocalypse Is Almost Here And We Are All Doomed Anyway - So Why Even Try?"
    12. "Preppers Do Not Have A Positive Mental Attitude"
    13. "If An Economic Collapse Comes I Will Just Go On Welfare"
    14. "There Are Some Things You Just Can't Prepare For"
    15. "Prepping Is Too Expensive"
    16. "We Are Not Like Other Countries - U.S. Cities Are Designed To Withstand Major Earthquakes"
    17. "I Need To Save Up For Retirement Instead"
    18. "The Stock Market Has Been Soaring So Why Worry?"
    19. "I Don't Have Room To Store Anything"
    20. "Prepping Is For Crazy People"
    21. "I Don't Believe In Conspiracy Theories"
    22. "All The Food I Store Is Going To Go Bad"
    23. "I Would Rather Spend My Time Watching American Idol"
    24. "All The People Who Freaked Out About Y2K Look Really Foolish Now, Don't They?"
    25. "I Don't Want To Look Like Those Idiots On 'Doomsday Preppers'"
    26. "An EMP Attack Could Never Happen"
    27. "There Will Never Be A Nationwide Transportation Disruption In The United States"
    28. "Instead Of Being So Paranoid, I Would Rather Just Enjoy Life"
    29. "If Society Falls Apart I Wouldn't Want To Continue To Live Anyway"
    30. "There Will Never Be Another World War"
    31. "I'm Too Lazy To Grow A Garden"
    32. "If You Assume The Worst Is Going To Happen Then You Don't Believe In America"
    33. "Deficits Don't Matter"
    34. "I'll Always Be Able To Get A Job In My Field"
    35. "If There Is A Financial Collapse All Of My Debts Will Be Wiped Out So I Might As Well Live It Up Now"
    36. "If Things Hit The Fan I Will Just Go Move In With My Relatives Who Have Been Busy Prepping"
    37. "Those That Believe That There Will Be Massive Riots In American Cities Someday Are Just Being Delusional"
    38. "My Spouse Would Think That I Have Finally Lost It"
    39. "I Don't Know Where To Start"
    40. "I'll Just Deal With Problems As They Arrive"
    41. "I Don't Have To Prepare For A Natural Disaster - That Is What FEMA Is For"
    42. "We'll Never See Martial Law In The United States"
    43. "I Don't Want To Scare My Children"
    44. "Once I Get Rid Of All My Debt Then I Will Start Thinking About Prepping"
    45. "My Relatives Already Think That I Am A Nut Job - I Don't Need To Make It Any Worse"
    46. "If People At Work Find Out That I Am Prepping It Could Hurt My Career"
    47. "If There Really Was A Good Reason To Prepare They Would Tell Us About It On The News"
    48. "People Have Been Predicting Doom And Gloom For Years And It Hasn't Happened Yet"
    49. "The United States Is The Greatest Nation On Earth - There Is No Way That It Could Collapse"
    50. "I Don't Plan On Becoming A Card Carrying Member Of The Tin Foil Hat Brigade"

The Top 50 Excuses For Not Prepping
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Excellent!!!!!!!!!! I'm printing this and handing copies out to my non prepping friends!!!!
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Around 1960 when I was 6 or 7 I asked my Grandparents why they keep food in there basement. I got a history lesson on life in the 1930s.I might have 300lbs put away for SHTF.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by railbuggy View Post
    Around 1960 when I was 6 or 7 I asked my Grandparents why they keep food in there basement. I got a history lesson on life in the 1930s.I might have 300lbs put away for SHTF.
    When I was a young lad, I remember my Grandfather telling me two stories about the 30's that are burned into my brain for as long as I live. One was how the gubmint came along in confiscated everyone's cattle and shot them then pile them up and burnt the carcases. They did it because there was a bangs disease outbreak at the time. Their solution was to take EVERYONE'S cattle and kill them.

The net result was that if you were a small subsistence farmer that maybe had one or two milk cows so you had milk and butter , after the bastards were done you had no milk. Most people in Oklahoma qualified as small subsistence farmers back in them days. The other part was it was a sledgehammer solution to the problem because the cattle that had bangs disease were the free range beef cattle not the dairy cow down in the pasture being milked every day by a mother making butter for her family.

The other story was about how a serious drought took hold and it killed most of the crops. My grandfather talked about living on hot water cornbread and black-eyed peas all winter that year. For those that said I would have just gone hunting, well everyone had that idea at the time and it did not take long for animal population to get mighty thin.

I am not a mormon but I advocate what they do to be prepared, but I am an advocate for how they prepare. One should have 6 months of food stored up. Especially if you live in the city. I have the ability to produce my own. But I have seen on more than one occasion how a disaster hits (REAL SHTF) and all the people who did not prepare make a run on the grocery store and gas stations
    Last edited by Sharpshooter; 05-27-2012 at 05:27 PM.
    “Freedom. And Justice. If you have those two, it covers everything. You must stick to those principles and have the courage of your convictions.” - Ian Smith

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.