Gunco Forums banner

Preparing for Civil War: Chart Shows DHS Has Bought Hundreds of Millions of Rounds

1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  2ndAmendican 
#1 ·
Preparing for Civil War: Chart Shows DHS Has Bought Hundreds of Millions of Rounds of Ammo Since 2009

By Alex Thomas
theintelhub.com
July 15, 2012

In the last six months many articles and reports have been written that detailed the hundreds of millions of rounds of ammunition that the Department of Homeland Security has purchased since Obama took office in 2009.This astonishing amount of purchased ammunition has lead many to speculate and believe that homeland security is actively preparing for what they believe will be a bloody and extremely violent American uprising and or civil war.

When you couple this large scale buildup of ammo with bulletproof checkpoints, law enforcement bulletins labeling everyday Americans as possible terrorists, and a series of videos that painted middle class Americans as the new Al Qaeda you can clearly see that at least portions of DHS are planning for some sort of violent confrontation with the American people.

The chart below (broken up into three screen shots), put together by James Smith of the Prepper Podcast Radio Network, displays all the types of ammunition, the frequency of the purchases, the quantity, and the company that the ammo was purchased from.

Why is the Department of Homeland Security buying ammo as if they are about to go to war if that is not their exact plan?

It is also important to consider the fact that Obama has given DHS extraordinary powers in the event of an emergency regardless whether or not they created it in the first place.

Sadly, there is little to nothing standing in the way from rogue agents carrying out a false flag which in turn would give the entire agency dictator like powers, turning America into a full fledged Fascist police state.

http://theintelhub.com/20...unds-of-ammo-since-2009/

Black Blade: They have more ammo than there are people in the USA and morre than necessary for training purposes as well. These guys are a "domestic" agency. Who else would they be using this against if not US citizens? Consider who the people are who are now in power - and that this has been really building up since 2009. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out that this is probably not very good for freedom loving Americans. Probably a good reason but I would not put anything past this administration.

See less See more
#2 ·
Since DHS swallowed up 22 fed agencies and includes among others the US Coast Guard, Border patrol, and Secret Service, I would expect them to buy a lot of ammo. They also run FLETCE, the "Police Academy" for all the Fed agencies, and they also train state and local cops as well. Look at some of what they are buying:

.45 Long Colt
.44 magnum and special
.22 Magnum
.22 LR
.30-30
12, 16, and 28 guage shotshells in birdshot, not buck or slugs.

That doesn't sound like they are buying up ammo preparing for an armed conflict, that sounds like a whole lot of agencies have used DHS's buying power to get deals on oddball stuff they need. I seriously doubt they plan on arming DHS agents with Winchesters and Colt SAAs.....

In any event, even if ya armed every single Fed employee and sent them out to do battle, they would be outgunned 30-1 at least.

#6 ·
Black Blade,

Seriously, I appreciate your insight on so many topics but the problem with turning every thing you find like this into some huge plot is eventually you begin to look like Chicken Little crying that the sky is falling.

#7 ·
Hello Gents,

I personally think that the answer lies in between the two poles presented here.

From my point of view: We, the People have instituted Government to look after our interests, Plan for contingencies, and be able to respond to bad stuff.

We can look at these kinds of procurements with alarm and near panic. We could also look at these procurements in light of some of the other posts and see that maybe these are really just what is needed for normal operations, prudent long term storage for a variety of reasons, and expansion of things that we might really want if we were privy to the information that went into these decisions.

I am not trying to convince anyone to go to one side or the other. I would just ask this question of everyone: If you were in charge of DHS, what would you buy? We know, or have heard rumour of huge purchases of long term food. We are hearing now of huge purchases of ammo. I am certain that there are similar purchases of a lot of things like Communications gear, meds, med supplies, cots, blankets, etc. I do know from reliable sources that DHS has taken a great deal of stuff off of DoD's hands. Very little of that has been things like Molle, vests, rucks, etc. A lot of it has been the cream of the crop of vehicles, spares, tools, tents, cots, sleeping bags, etc. I would categorize this when taken as a whole as "GOOD". When the next Katrina hits, there will be a shitload of stuff to take care of the victims and survivors.

Last thoughts: I do not trust DHS at all. I am just as willing to believe all of the worst conspiracy theories as I am wanting to believe that there are good and rational folks there doing great work in our National Interests, with the Constitution clearly enshrined and understood.

Sadly, only time will prove me right, wrong, or just stupid.

I hope that DHS loves their children as much as I love mine.

Regards,

#8 ·
550 MILLION rounds of .40 s&w?

that is a hell of a lot of training--

how many police are they going to crank out of the TP? that is enough ammo to train quite a few police--

you never know about these a-wipes. their probably letting this ammo fall off the radar and it will turn up somewhere.

either in mexico or some insider will sell off a stash for cash.

#10 ·
550 MILLION rounds of .40 s&w?

that is a hell of a lot of training--

how many police are they going to crank out of the TP? that is enough ammo to train quite a few police--

you never know about these a-wipes. their probably letting this ammo fall off the radar and it will turn up somewhere.

either in mexico or some insider will sell off a stash for cash.
On another web board a person claiming to be a member of DHS said that they do not train with hollow point ammo, only FMJ. He said to take a look at how many rounds of .40 cal hollow point they were buying and make your own assumption as to it's intended use.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.