Thread: The Preppers Are Right! : More than 50 million Americans short of food

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default The Preppers Are Right! : More than 50 million Americans short of food

The Preppers Are Right! : More than 50 million Americans short of food

CNNMoney Reported

More than 50 million Americans couldn’t afford to buy food at some point in 2011, according to federal data.

Children in some 3.9 million households suffered from food insecurity last year, with their families unable to provide them with adequate, nutritious food at times.

Nearly 17 million Americans suffered from “very low food security,” meaning they had to reduce the amount they ate, saying the food they bought did not last and they didn’t have the funds to buy more. They typically found themselves in this situation a few days a month for seven months of the year.

The number of people in this category shot up by more than 800,000 from 2010, according to a U.S. Department of Agriculture report released Wednesday. Women living alone, black households and the poor and near-poor were affected the most.

The report comes the day after the department said that a record 46.7 million received food stamps in June. Only 57% of food insecure households said they participate in a federal food and nutrition assistance program.

Continued: The Preppers Are Right! : More than 50 million Americans short of food | Pakalert Press

Black Blade: Nothing wrong with storing long term supplies of nonperishable food, growing a garden, hunting and fishing to supplement protein needs, etc. The prepared will fare well, those who fail to read the tea leaves and prepare .....
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

ive got bullets & hooks..... so there will never be a shortage of food at my house.

at the same time its good to know where to go look if you need food. :-)
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

The non contributing children in America would never make an effort to contribute toward feeding themself. That is an issue for parents, government and, tax payers to do. With that mind set, these kids are in line for sure starvation upon collapse.

Just have a bit of extra ammo when the need should arise!
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score

Whether one is a "Prepper" or not it is foolish not to have some food stockpiled. A month at least, longer if you can afford it. The truth is we have seen where natural disasters have destroyed the supply chain.

Feedback Score

Sadly most of the "starvation" in this country is a case of poor planning or a failure to lower food standards.

I see poor people buying food that is gross and more expensive then what I eat. They buy a microwavable frozen tv dinner for 3.50+ each, I can have steak with side dishes for less.. If I'm saving for a purchase (like a 60" tv) I'll eat beans almost every meal, you can eat well for less then 50 cents a person and even have it taste pretty good.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.