Gunco Forums banner

real estate trust

670 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  TRX 
#1 ·
I've decided I'm more worried about stuff like "civil forfeiture" than the Fed suddenly changing trust laws.

I have some property I'd like to move into a trust. The stuff google is showing me all seems awfully... commercial. Has anyone else gone this route? Any advice or warnings?

#2 ·
You need a lawyer who specializes in Trusts in your State.

There is no other way to do this.

You can move it into a Corporation, but that has really sticky laws and needs near constant attention.

Get the Lawyer. You pay them to jealously guard your rights. That is what they do. A general consult on trust issues will run $100 - $250 for a good shark-like blood sucker. Stay away from the "free Consult" ones.

Just my $0.02

BTW: Moved most of my assets into a trust in 1996. Good thing.

Regards,

#3 ·
So far, I can't even get a freakin' PRICE from any of the local lawyers; they want me to pay them just to determine if they want to deal with me. I'm having a hard time getting around that. Who the hell do they think they are? Dentists?

If I'm dealing with an out of town lawyer, I at least want to have an idea what I'm paying for and what questions I need to ask.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.