Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: "Buy It Cheap And Stack It Deep"

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

except now they want to charge 7% Indiana sales tax.
    A lot of states are trying to get companies to do the sales tax thing, they are claiming states are losing hundreds of million dollars a year because people are ordering so much on line, on line sales have been classed as mail order and there was no sales tax unless the company selling the item was in the state of the buyer.
    PA just started collecting sales tax on orders made through Amazon

It's just another way for the states to make us pay for the poor managing and squandering of tax dollars
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

When a site tries to charge me sales tax then I quarantine that site and no longer use that vendor. The whole point of online sales for me is to get what I want and avoiding sales tax is what makes up, at least in part, for the charges on shipping. Another reason is that I see some states doing this and yet the feds are against monopolies which seems hypocritical since it's all about squeezing and shutting out the competition.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    A lot of states are trying to get companies to do the sales tax thing, they are claiming states are losing hundreds of million dollars a year because people are ordering so much on line, on line sales have been classed as mail order and there was no sales tax unless the company selling the item was in the state of the buyer.
    PA just started collecting sales tax on orders made through Amazon

It's just another way for the states to make us pay for the poor managing and squandering of tax dollars
    Im PA they can only charge sales tax if a store or office of the company is in PA no sales tax otherwise, Actually its fraud if they charge you sales tax and dont have a site in PA.

Feedback Score

FYI, Just ordered 2 Russian 5.45x39 53grn FMJ 1080rd Cans from Aim Surplus for $159.95 a piece. Shipping was 27 bucks.

Russian 5.45x39 53grn FMJ 1080rd Can

Stock up while you can!!

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by khyron07 View Post
    FYI, Just ordered 2 Russian 5.45x39 53grn FMJ 1080rd Cans from Aim Surplus for $159.95 a piece. Shipping was 27 bucks.

Russian 5.45x39 53grn FMJ 1080rd Can

Stock up while you can!!

OUCH! Almost FORTY?? bucks a can more tham Sportsmans guide ! Geeze free shipping ends tonight.....Maybe I need another can or two.......
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Amazon is "voluntarily" collecting sales taxes for several states they have no presence in. All the brick and mortar stores are complaining that Amazon and similar online stores have an unfair advantage by not charging sales tax and there are currently two bills in congress to force any "mail order" retailer to charge the customer's state sales tax if their sales exceed $500K a year. Amazon is actually wanting this, then they can set up same day delivery warehouses in every state.

Why Amazon Wants To Pay Sales Tax - Slashdot

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

I did get a package from Amazon that came out of PA about a month ago. It took longer than if it had come out of their Kentucky location. It is only the 2nd time since ordering from amazon that there shipping estimate was off.

On the subject of SG - I keep telling myself to stack some 5.45, but currently don't have anything that fires 5.45.
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Coils,

I stand corrected.
    They are voluntarily charging sales tax and paying it to PA with no requirement to do so.
    Not good for the consumer. Nutty if you asked me who pays a tax there not required to and pass it on to their customers?
    Not fraud if it actually getting paid to PA
    If something is shipping from PA they are legally required to charge it

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Black Blade, sorry for side tracking your thread, this will be the last I'll post anything off topic

BubbaMauser I was just letting you know, figuring you might not watch much local news.
    It pissed me off when I heard about it, I'm not a big shopper on Amazon but I've bought a few things and was happy with the service, I don't think I'll do much business with them anymore unless a law is passed that every mail order company has to charge sales tax.
    I figured this was a state law thing, didn't know it was "voluntary". And the reason I thought this was a few years ago (sorry don't remember how many) PA wants an individual to voluntarily pay sales tax for online orders when a person files their state income tax papers. They want this to become a law but it keeps getting shot down

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.