Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Frustrated Homeowners To Take Matters Into Their Own Hands As Home Invasions Rise?

Feedback Score

I don't believe it is paranoid to be prepared. Even the most rural areas aren't immune to roving bands of thieves, home invaders, and sexual deviants. My yard is pretty well lit, but I will be adding more light. We have 2 dogs that raise an absolute fit if anyone enters the yard...better than an alarm system. We have guns and have discussed what we will do in the event of an intruder. Suffice to say we will not be roll over victims.

I also agree with the idea of keeping your preps under wraps. If people don't know you have a year of food and other supplies they will be less likely to target you. To me the best camoflague is to hide right out in the open...

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

''Gonna build a mote, fill it up with ale, not much of a defense I know, but the supply never fails.''-Clutch

Can gators live in Ale?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tanvil View Post
    ''Gonna build a mote, fill it up with ale, not much of a defense I know, but the supply never fails.''-Clutch

Can gators live in Ale?
    No..

Think it burns their eyes..
    We do sit on the deck and bounce beer bottles off their heads...
    Damn 10 footer is so bottle shy, when we open a beer he goes under..
    Last edited by 4thIDvet; 04-23-2013 at 04:29 AM.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    I don't believe it is paranoid to be prepared. Even the most rural areas aren't immune to roving bands of thieves, home invaders, and sexual deviants. My yard is pretty well lit, but I will be adding more light. We have 2 dogs that raise an absolute fit if anyone enters the yard...better than an alarm system. We have guns and have discussed what we will do in the event of an intruder. Suffice to say we will not be roll over victims.

I also agree with the idea of keeping your preps under wraps. If people don't know you have a year of food and other supplies they will be less likely to target you. To me the best camoflague is to hide right out in the open...
    Good point actually.. Shoot them on the way out..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Had my wife read the article that BB posted, and told her I thought she was getting complacent. When I came home from work, the .357 was sitting beside her, within arms reach! Thanks BB!!
    Last edited by 2ndAmendican; 10-27-2012 at 06:20 AM.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

This is the first book ever published to explain how to capture that most dangerous animal: man. Based on Ragnar's own mantrapping experiences while on special assignments in Asia, Africa, North and South America and Cuba, this gut-wrenching book covers such mantraps as the Malaysian Hawk, the Andes Mountain Trail Trap, the Sheepeater's Rock Fall and the Cuban Water Trap. To know how to trap your enemy is to know how to avoid being trapped yourself. For academic study only.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Sad thing is, one has to be real real careful with booby traps..
    Poor guy in Miami kept getting his warehouse broken into..
    Rigged his grates on the top of his business with 220 volts..
    Wet the A.O.. Whoops..
    Perp grabbed grates to break in, so sorry bout his luck.. Fried..
    He was charged with murder, do not know how much time he got..
    Clean up real fast if you use booby traps..

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    .... Clean up real fast if you use booby traps..
    I thought that's what the Everglades and shovels were for.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Black Blade View Post
    I thought that's what the Everglades and shovels were for.
    Well north of the Glades here BB... Million acres of forest and swamp though..

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Had a friend when I was younger who specialized in explosive devices. (NOT certified in any way, shape, or form.) Kind of a good hearted evil genius if you will. He did some work for a local used car lot. The owner of the lot was tired of the cars having their stereos stolen, so my buddy took a bunch of mid grade car stereos and wired a small explosive device into each of them. Then he put them back into the cars without any power wires being hooked up. The theory was that once stolen the new owner would install and once he hooked up the positive wire, it would blow a nice gaping hole in their car dash. Unfortunately he wasn't thinking that he was not getting at the thief, only the end buyer who could be anyone. He stopped the practice, but apparently it did do some good, as the break-ins definitely slowed for a few months. Of course later on, the car lot owner finally broke down and got a good camera set-up to try and record the thieves.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.