Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: SHOCK: 72 Hours After Grid-Down: Starvation, Supply Shortages, Food Lines, No Clean W

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Hurricane Sandy aftermath is ‘medieval’

To all,James Yeager of Tactical Response just sent this note out:

“I am getting reports from my Alumni in NY. Things are BAD. The news is under-reporting the violence. Shooting and home invasions are rampant. My Law Enforcement Alumni are telling me it is like a 3rd world country… Medieval. They say this will make Katrina look like a day at Disney.”

SHOCK: 72 Hours After Grid-Down: Starvation, Supply Shortages, Food Lines, No Clean Water, No Gas, Transportation Standstill :

Man pulls gun in gas line, state troopers deployed at stations as tensions boil in Sandy's wake | Fox News

This may or may not be as bad as it sounds, but it doesn’t matter as nothing lasts forever. However, this should serve as a warning to us all that the simplest of personal preparation can get you through events like this, and will allow you to avoid lines and potential violence.

We need to have at a minimum:

-5-days food in the house.
    -A way to secure and purify water
    -Basic medicines and first aid supplies
    -Food and supplies for pets
    -Alternate communications (hand held radios)
    -Stored fuel (Gasoline, propane, etc…)
    -A way to keep warm, a way to keep dry.
    -Candles, lanterns, flashlights…
    -Battery operated radio to listen for news reports.
    -A way to dispose of human waste (and this is a subject many avoid or ignore – don’t!)
    -And it goes without me saying that I think all of us should be armed and dangerous.

Continued: James Yeager: Hurricane Sandy aftermath is ‘medieval’ | GunsSaveLife.com

Black Blade: Apparently things are much worse than the media is willing to report.

More articles on this mess: IND-SURVIVAL: Survival Investment Preparedness | Investor Discussion Board: IDB
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

-5-days food in the house.
    -A way to secure and purify water
    -Basic medicines and first aid supplies
    -Food and supplies for pets
    -Alternate communications (hand held radios)
    -Stored fuel (Gasoline, propane, etc…)
    -A way to keep warm, a way to keep dry.
    -Candles, lanterns, flashlights…
    -Battery operated radio to listen for news reports.
    -A way to dispose of human waste (and this is a subject many avoid or ignore – don’t!)
    -And it goes without me saying that I think all of us should be armed and dangerous.
    I AGREE THAT IS A MINUMUM AN NONE OF IT IS SOMETHING YOU CANT USE IN NORMAL USE OR A WASTE OF MONEY. BUY CANNED FOOD YOU LIKE AN ROATE IT OUT IN NORMAL USE.

ONE REALLY BIG ICE STORM HERE FOLLOWED BY SNOW AN WE WOULD BE SCREWED. I KEEP 20 GALLONS OF GAS ON HAND IN CANS AN THE BOAT IS FULL HOLDING 30 IF I NEED TO DRAIN IT SO 50 TOTAL PLUS WHATS INTHE TRUCKS, CARS, ATV, MOTOR CYCLE. I HAVE AN 12V ELETRIC PUMP AS WELL AS HOSES. IT MAKES A GOOD STORAGE TANK IN THE WINTER WITH STABIL IN IT. IN THE SPRING ILL JUST RUN IT AS NORMAL. THE SMALL GENERATER IN CASE I NEED TO RUN THE HOUSE PUMP, FURNACE, SOME LIGHTS ETC. FIRE WOOD AN A TWO FIRE PLACES.
    DON T FORGET TO HAVE EXTRA PERSCRIPTIONS SOME CASH . ATM DONT WORK IN A DIASTER.

ALSO IMPORTANT IMO A AGREED ON MEETING PLACE. IF EVERY ONE NEEDS TO FLEE FROM THE AREA ALL FAIMLYS AN FRIENDS. THERE WONT BE PHONES. YOU NEED TO KNOW WERE TO GO. WE HAVE TWO PLACES ONE NORTH ONE WEST. WONT GO SOUTH THATS TOWARD CHICAGO . AGREE WERE TO PLACE NOTES WERE YOUR GOING IF YOU LEAVE THAT PLACE. WE USED TO THAT UP IN THE MOUTAINS WHEN MOVING CAMP DURING HUNTING SEASONS. THERE WAS A POST WERE WE WOULD LEAVE A MEASSAGE UNDER A ROCK EVERY YEAR FOR THOSE COMING UP LATER IN THE WEEK.

IMO ALWAYS HAVE A VEHICLE AT LEAST HALF FULL OF GAS OR MORE. HOW MANNYHERE CAN GET IN THERE CAR AN DRIVE 300 MILES WITH OUT STOPPING????? OR EVEN 150?????

YEA KEEP A GUN BUT DONT MAKE IT A HUGE BURDEN AN OR A TARGET IMO . A GUY WITH 3 AKS AN A CLOCK MIGHT GET NOTICED AN PLUCKED.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Add Sterno to the gear.

It falls into several categories in one can.

1. Heat
    2. Light
    3. Alternative cooking/boiling source. They even make a sheet metal fold-out stove.
    4. It comes in a re-useable container, water-proof too. Until you bend the lid all up, then it will cut you.
    5. Sharpened sheet metal could be used for bobby traps etc..

And yes, I usually re-fill when the tank says 1/2 full, it's a longtime habit.

Feedback Score

There are too many people that live their lives like a lot of manufacturers today. They live by the just in time supply matrix. Never buy extra, never have much on hand. That is more or less how my first wife kept the house, nothing on hand. My current wife and I beleive in being prepared which includes food, hygiene supplies, medicine, firearms, and a way to keep warm.

5 days is a nice start, but I think 6 months is a better minimum.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.