Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SHOCK: 72 Hours After Grid-Down: Starvation, Supply Shortages, Food Lines, No Clean W

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default SHOCK: 72 Hours After Grid-Down: Starvation, Supply Shortages, Food Lines, No Clean W

SHOCK: 72 Hours After Grid-Down: Starvation, Supply Shortages, Food Lines, No Clean Water, No Gas, Transportation Standstill *Independent Reports, Pics, Video*

A recent study noted that the majority of people have enough food in their pantries to feed their household for about three days and that seemingly stable societies are really just nine meals from anarchy. With most of us dependent on just-in-time transportation systems to always be available, few ever consider the worst case scenario. For tens of thousands of east coast residents that worst case scenario is now playing out in real-time. No longer are images of starving people waiting for government handouts restricted to just the third-world.

In the midst of crisis, once civilized societies will very rapidly descend into chaos when essential infrastructure systems collapse.

Though the National Guard was deployed before the storm even hit, there is simply no way for the government to coordinate a response requiring millions of servings of food, water and medical supplies

Many east coast residents who failed to evacuate or prepare reserve supplies ahead of the storm are being forced to fend for themselves.

Frustration and anger have taken hold, as residents have no means of acquiring food or gas and thousands of trucks across the region remain stuck in limbo.

Limited electricity has made it possible for some to share their experiences:

Via Twitter:

I was in chaos tonite tryin to get groceries…lines for shuttle buses, only to get to the no food left & closing early (link) I’m not sure what has shocked me more, all the communities around me destroyed, or the 5 hour lines for gas and food. (link)

Haven’t slept or ate well in a few days. Hope things start getting better around here soon (link)

These days a lot of people are impatient because they’re used to fast things. Fast food, fast internet, fast lines and fast shipping etc. (link)

Glad Obama is off to Vegas after his 90 minute visit. Gas lines are miles long.. Running out of food and water. Great Job (link)

Went to the Grocery store and lines were crazy but nail salon was empty so I’ve got a new gel manicure and some Korean junk food (link)

So f*cking devastated right now. Smell burning houses. People fighting for food. Pitch darkness. I may spend the night in rockaway to help (link)
    Things are starting to become horrific for the unprepared, as food lines stretch for miles and Meals-Ready-To-Eat are in short supply:

(above images via Gothamist)

With mass transit out of service and no gas, residents have no choice but to commute by foot. Survival Blog founder James Rawles has referred to the masses of starving people who will roam the streets in a post-collapse world as the Golden Horde – here’s a small taste of what that will look like:

The situation has become so desperate that some have been forced to resort to rummaging through the garbage for food:

Video:

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

“We’ve seen everyone here from the elderly, to families with children…”

A simple 72 hour survival kit and some basic hurricane preparedness would have prevented days of heartache for residents of stricken areas.

The vast majority of those waiting in mile-long long food lines, rummaging through the trash, and criticizing their government officials for a slow and insufficient response have no one to blame but themselves.

This may be harsh – but it’s true.

We wish all those having a difficult time dealing with the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy the best going forward. Perhaps it will be a wake-up call for the rest of the nation.

Hurricane Sandy, while disastrous, is not nearly as bad as it could have been.

It has happened before. It will happen again. Prepare or suffer the consequences.

Author: Mac Slavo
    Views:Read by 24,947 people
    Date: November 1st, 2012
    Website:SHTF Plan - When the Shit Hits The Fan, Don't Say We Didn't Warn You.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

GOSH!

Digging in dumpsters!

What next, raids on homes where some have prepped?
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MUSIBIKE View Post
    GOSH!

Digging in dumpsters!

What next, raids on homes where some have prepped?
    The question is...do you share what you have with other people and know you and yours will be hungry sooner rather than later. Or say no and get ready to repel looters?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

But this can't be possible, Obama said he was going to take care of everything and not let anyone behind????

Did anyone hear about the electrical workers that went up there from Alabama or Georgia and the union thugs wouldn't let them work?
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

We have noticed a few more HOMELESS ones running around here in Houston. Fellow walked into a BBQ place we ate at last week and asked if he could have a free meal? They told him that stuff isn't free to purchase to run the business. The guy came up with a hand full of money.

Heard about a lot of shootings going on last night on the police scanner. Bunches of them going and running through gas stations and stores taking stuff. But, more of these are getting shot now when they run across someone with a concealed carry weapon.
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BBill View Post
    The question is...do you share what you have with other people and know you and yours will be hungry sooner rather than later. Or say no and get ready to repel looters?
    oh this is a simple one...

if someone comes anywhere close to "my space".... they be hurtin for certain.

i work/live by this phrase:

your lack of planning & preparation doesnt make YOUR situation an emergency for me.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    But this can't be possible, Obama said he was going to take care of everything and not let anyone behind????

Did anyone hear about the electrical workers that went up there from Alabama or Georgia and the union thugs wouldn't let them work?
    Yes, they were turned away because they were not 'union'.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BBill View Post
    It depends.

If it is my neighbor who has proven his value in previous situations, and his preps got swamped, the answer is yes. His medical skills, resourcefulness and willingness to help with anything that needs to be done will far offset the supplies it takes help him out a little.

''when I was hungry, you fed me'. That which you have done for the least of my brethren, you have done for me.''

If it's that guy who is always sitting at the bar every time I stop in for carry-out, the answer is no. In saying no, you realize that you may have to put one between his eyes tomorrow night, because he's that stupid.

I'm okay with that.

"Never give what is holy to dogs or throw your pearls before pigs. Otherwise, they will trample them with their feet and then turn around and attack you."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Well said!!

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Very well said Tanvil!!!!!!!!! That's how I'm looking at it.

The hot 22 year old blonde who just moved in next door can come over, and I will gladly help her out. My wife might not like it though. But the crazy left wing nut job on the other side of me can kiss it. She brings nothing to the table but trouble.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.