Thread: The Survivor Truck, built to drive through the end of the world

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default The Survivor Truck, built to drive through the end of the world

The Survivor Truck, built to drive through the end of the world

By Justin Hyde
    Senior Editor of Motoramic

"Sometimes," author William S. Burroughs once said, "paranoia is just having all the facts." Given the facts gathered from the past few natural and man-made disasters, it's not a surprise that many people have begun to think of what they'd need to survive the next calamity. One California man has taken a kitchen-sink approach and created the Survivor Truck -- a machine that could keep rolling through any given Armageddon.

Jim DeLozier, who sells survival goods in Costa Mesa, Calif., says the idea of the Survivor Truck was to build the ultimate rolling outpost, one that could withstand even a nuclear attack. Starting with a Chevy C70 truck powered by 150-gallon tanks of gasoline or propane, DeRozier outfitted the chassis with every conceivable piece of equipment needed to travel through a disaster. "My goal was to build a vehicle that can go anywhere you want to go, stay as long as you want and drive back out," DeLozier says.

On the outside, the truck gets bulletproof shielding, a filtration system to keep chemical agents out of the cabin and even a coating of pickup truck bedliner. Night vision helps keep watch on what's happening when the lights go out, while a solar generator can provide power for the array of communications gear during daylight hours. On the inside, there's enough water, food, toilets and battery power to keep a group of people not just alive but comfortable for months amidst chaos. If parked in the wilderness, the top platform includes a complete camping unit and inflatable raft, along with a water purification system; if there's some need for an aggressive response, the truck has a protected sniper's cage and a backup crossbow and arrows.

While DeLozier says he originally conceived the truck as the ultimate survivalist driving machine -- with a price that runs between $100,000 and $600,000 -- he's received more interest from military and law enforcement agencies mulling a rolling command center. He says he's somewhat surprised by the attention his concept has received, "whether it's the zombie apocalypse fad or whether people believe they have a potential need....it's designed to be a home away from home." Given how many people have seen their homes washed away or destroyed in recent years, it's no wonder there's some demand for something that could outrun trouble.

The Survivor Truck, built to drive through the end of the world | Motoramic - Yahoo! Autos

Black Blade: I'll take a EarthRoamer. If I'm gonna travel in the Post Apocalyptic World then I want to travel in comfort and style.
    Last edited by Black Blade; 11-06-2012 at 05:00 PM.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

LOL. I agree BB!!!
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Been done.

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Just another putz with small brain & a lot of money.

How the hell can it be ULTIMATE when it doesn't even have a ring mount??
    It's really a worthless piece of shit. I'm sure the military is ringing his phone off the hook. Yeah right. It's most potent weapon is everyone will laugh themselves to death!!! Heh...Heh..
    The writer must be his boyfriend.
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by zoom6zoom View Post
    Been done.
    You beat me to it!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by zoom6zoom View Post
    Been done.

Ahhh yes fond memories of that movie!
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

HMMM ON THE OUT SIDE ITS GOT BULLET PROOF SHILEDS??? THOSE DOORS AN WIENDSHILED LOOK PRETTY STOCK. BED LINER MELTS AN BURNS,

IS THIS A JOKE???? TRY GETTING THAT THING OUT OF CALIFORNIA IN A TRAFFIC JAM.
    CROSS BOW BACK UP WTF. THAT WOULD BE THE FIRST THING I WPOULD RAID. IT HOLDS 100 GALLONS BECAUS EIT WILL NEED IT TO GOT 400 MILES. LOOKS LIKE A UTILITY TRUCK WITH SOME CRAP ADDED TO IT AN SOME BIG AXELS.

TRANSFER CASE IS WAY TO LOW AN NO GUARDS. MY M715 WOULD HAVE WENT PALCES THAT CANT. I DONT SEE ANY SNORKELS FOR WATER CROSSINGS, IT WAY TO HIGH TO GET UNDER LOW TREES OR BRIDGES . IT DIOSENT FLOAT OR FLY. MIGHT AS WELL TAKE A SCHOOL BUS AN BUT A LOG CABIN ON TOP LIKE A HIPPY. SOLAR PANELES TO DO WHAT i DNT SEE ANY BIG ENOUGH TO DO ANYTHING .

I DONT SEE A FRONT WINCH AN IT DOSENT EVEN LOOK LIKE THE CAB IS SEALED TO THE BACK. LOOKS LIKE A TARGET FOR THE TAKING TO ME. ONE BULLET THROUGH THE WINDSHILED AN ITS ALL YOURS.

EXPLODING BOMB IF YOU AS ME. WHY GASOLINE ?? DIESEL WOULD BE BETTER YOU COULD MAKE THAT MAYBE. THE MILITARY MAY HAVE LAUGHED AT IT .

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

CHECK THIS THING OUT AN LOOK AT WERE IT CAN GO. OH YEA LOOKS LIKE A NUCULAR MISSEL VERSION AS WELL WORTH WATCHING.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.