Thread: Hey Black Blade..

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Question Hey Black Blade..

Exclusive: Discovery Channel Heads to Remote Alaska for Yukon Men

Discovery Channel can't get enough of Alaska, and now it's traveling to the 49th state's remote interior for the new series Yukon Men. The show, which debuts August 24 at 10/9c, follows some of the rugged inhabitants of Tanana, Alaska, a town of about 200 citizens.
    Discovery Channel Heads to Remote Alaska for Yukon Men - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

I have been watching their series.. Seems pretty interesting..
    Maybe a tad bit of hollyweird hype. But some great tips on survival, if the grid goes down..
    Trapping, hunting, self taught mechanical repairs..
    No caribou, no meat in the freezer.. Town water, no firewood no heat for the tank holding the water..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Yeah I really got into that show. Very interesting living a "subsistance" lifestyle. Fishing, hunting, trapping, bartering. Daily life for them. A lost art for the rest of America.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

When the guy killed his sled dog to make a pair of gloves. just because he was a few years old & not pulling like the young pups, I kind of cringed.
    But here where I live in the Ozarks there are very few " pet dogs" Folks don't understand feeding ANYTHING not "pulling their weight" If the dogs not hunting , herding , or guarding, Shoot it & throw it on the bone pile out back.
    You don't have to go to Alaska to find people living old timey
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

When locals here go shopping, they only buy things like big sacks of flour , big sacks of chicken feed , big sacks of sugar , etc.
    Some of them must really like to bake cakes & cookies. Because I see them buying whole pickup loads of sacks of sugar.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

out here so called "hunters" got to have a $120K camper with heat air and big screen TV, a couple of $17K ATVs , a new 4wd truck/suv, an bunch of store bought deer feeders and expensive to waste feed corn, game cams , designer hunting clothes, 300 weatherby mag rifles with scopes that cost like $5,000 and a box of 20 rounds is nearly $100--no telling what they sepend on deer stands and leases--

all to kill a few white tails that we consider pests.

hell i was visiting a local camp and two teenagers were making out in one of those expensive campers--

i asked? "when did you get girls in the camp--"

the reply is "there ain't any!"

i got a little sick at the stomach ----

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Bradrock View Post
    When locals here go shopping, they only buy things like big sacks of flour , big sacks of chicken feed , big sacks of sugar , etc.
    Some of them must really like to bake cakes & cookies. Because I see them buying whole pickup loads of sacks of sugar.
    Lets talk some more on that sugar their Brad. How well you know these boys?
    I would guess??? medical emergencies, starving, etc. planes could?? come in..
    But the hollyweird stuff aside.. You have to be one bad mo fo too go out in 20 deg. below zero for dinner.. I would eat my cat first.. Just kidding...
    When the grid goes down, I really think these people could care less.
    Other than gas, they can use their dogs instead of snowmobiles..
    Interesting stuff on the snares, I have to have someone show me how they work..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score

I like watching those shows too. It takes some really tough people to live up there. I don't know if I could hack that. I am freezing when it dips below 40 here. The only thing I wonder about is why the hell they keep meat in a freezer in -40 degree weather??? Or do they even plug it in?
    “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.” George Washington

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    George Washington

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

The only thing I wonder about is why the hell they keep meat in a freezer in -40 degree weather???

Bears.....BIG bears !!!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default Ken..

Quote Originally Posted by Ken3030 View Post
    I like watching those shows too. It takes some really tough people to live up there. I don't know if I could hack that. I am freezing when it dips below 40 here. The only thing I wonder about is why the hell they keep meat in a freezer in -40 degree weather??? Or do they even plug it in?
    Yes like Brad said, I do not think they have to plug them in.. Short summer maybe but not winter..
    Our black bears here are able to rip them open, even when latched and locked shut.. My neighbor had to triple latch his. Damn things even rip through garage doors..
    Polar bears could probably pick the whole thing up and walk off with it..
    Protected here, you get fined for even threatening them.. Their all over the damn place..
    Just rumor now. But guys wire them up to give them a good shock when they have their freezers in their sheds..
    They don't come back..

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.