Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Are Black Friday Riots A Preview Of The Civil Unrest That Is Coming When Society Brea

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendican View Post
    Yeah, the best time I ever had Christmas shopping was at about 2 or 3 in the morning at a local 24 hour Super WalMart. Probably wasn't 50 people in the whole building, employees included. It was sooo nice. Definitely very quiet and mellow.
    I was inline at a K-Mart check out many years ago and the cashier needed to do a price check. I offered to step out of line since there were like 10 people behind me and he smiled and said fuck them! So as i am standing there this little old lady behind me who can barely see over the shopping cart rams it into my leg. I think well it was an accident. So I move ahead and BAM! BAM! she hits me with the cart 2 more times. I turn around and look at her and she is giving me the death stare because she had to wait. I moved ahead and she rammed into me again. I have to preface this with I had just gotten off of work at my construction job I had at the time and was in dirty clothes, I had a beard and long hair. I turned back to face her now and I was really pissed of now. I said to her "Listen, what makes you believe I have reached my quota of little old ladies i should have killed today?" Her eyes got big nd she backed up and didn't hit me again with her cart.

Assholes of all age have always been around during this time of year.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Cabbage patch dolls. They were beating each other up for them. I even remember something about some one breaking another persons leg over a stinkin' doll made from panty hose.

The Puritans left Christmas behind along with England, smart thinking.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by tanvil View Post
    Cabbage patch dolls. They were beating each other up for them. I even remember something about some one breaking another persons leg over a stinkin' doll made from panty hose.

The Puritans left Christmas behind along with England, smart thinking.
    Basically, any meaning of Christmas in the traditional sense has been gone for decades. I am not the most religious man but to me Christmas is more about greed and consumerism than anything else these days.

People fighting over crap in stores, crowds trampling each other, waiting in line in the cold for hours....Yeah, no thanks.

CEO Macon Armory Inc. Mad-Machinist's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I am sick of Happy Holidays and all the black friday bullshit....I get the wife what she wants or needs when she wants or needs it....If I want a new gun...I build it.....But for Christmas....we get together with friends and family and enjoy being together...me and the wife haven't bought presents for 4 or 5 years now.....and I can assure you it is a hell of a lot stressfull....
    MERRY CHRISTMAS ya,ll

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

.....and I can assure you it is a hell of a lot less stressfull....
    I think you left a word out

as for "A Preview Of The Civil Unrest", Katrina showed us that already, just think that on a larger scale if society does break down
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Basically, any meaning of Christmas in the traditional sense has been gone for decades. I am not the most religious man but to me Christmas is more about greed and consumerism than anything else these days.

People fighting over crap in stores, crowds trampling each other, waiting in line in the cold for hours....Yeah, no thanks.

Yeah it's a shame that the Christmas of our youth is long gone. I have zero interest in going out fighting with the idiots in the stores. "IF" I need to do any shopping around Christmas time, I'll do it online.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendican View Post
    Yeah it's a shame that the Christmas of our youth is long gone. I have zero interest in going out fighting with the idiots in the stores. "IF" I need to do any shopping around Christmas time, I'll do it online.
    I shop off hours, during the day, middle of the week, to avoid the insanity. This year I missed about 85% of the insanity.

I guarantee you that you will NEVER see me out shopping on Black Friday or the day after Christmas for return frenzy!

My wife and I have a keen ear for listening to people talk about things they may want and we may actually buy a Christmas present months in advance if we have the chance. Less stress, less mess, and leass angry people trying for that last minute bargain.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.