Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Underground Survival Shelters

CEO Macon Armory Inc. Mad-Machinist's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I think if I was spending mega bucks for a "survival" shelter...it'd be a masonry or reinforced concrete structure with earth at least 4 feet thick over the walls and roof....that would pretty much absorb an rpg ...or a 105 HE round.........with revetted windows for firing ports......but most importantly a central underground room with a heavy vault door Kinda like a castle keep....with tunnels leading from it to spider holes/firing positions ringing it capable of firing in on the structureeven if intruders get on top....;-) they'd be pretty fucked if all of a sudden rounds started comin in from outside the main position.....
    Last edited by Mad-Machinist; 12-10-2012 at 03:26 PM.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default Here yah go twa..

Missile Base Properties for Sale

45 grand $$$$ yah should have grabbed it, look at the prices now..
    Good show on people buying them, they are turning them into palaces..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

CEO Macon Armory Inc. Mad-Machinist's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Wish I could talk a friend out of his 80 acre farm in Alabama....with the natural gas well on the property.....couple of 40 kw generators converted to run on natural gas.....I'd tell the power company to kiss my ass..... and I can't think of a better place to build a "retreat" with a full machine shop....;-)

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

^^^^

yeah you need power or lots of hand crank lights and mini gens... plus as mentioned a HARDENED site.

anything else is just a fancy coffin if people know your location.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    Missile Base Properties for Sale

45 grand $$$$ yah should have grabbed it, look at the prices now..
    Good show on people buying them, they are turning them into palaces..
    Notice the one in NY "drastically" dropped from 4.5 mil to $999,995? Just goes to show that in this economy you can't mark these things up to crazy prices.

I see several of the structures for sale have been marked down... its a shame the silo in the Tucson one was filled in!

Feedback Score

they WILL know your location, unless it's small, built yourself, at night, camoed and dirt hidden every night, before dawn. period.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

ID JUST FIRE UP THE EXCUVATER AN DIG IT UP IF I WANTED ANY THING IN THERE OR BURRY IT DEEPER IF i DIDNT .

THEY MIGHT BE OK FOR A BMB SHELTER BUT FOR PROTECTION FROM LIVE PEOLE IF ITS LOCATION IS KNOWN IMO YOUR SCREWED REALLY LIKED THE GUY SHOOTING FROM THE HATCH HE CANT EVEN SEE BEHIND HIM.

IMO A HIDDEN UNKNOW ONE WOULD MAKE A GREAT GUN ROOM.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

The one in the listings that's in Lewis NY,, is the one I had a chance at >30 years ago. That's the one I reffered to in a previous post.That's just about the only place I think I'd really feel secure underground. There's no way in Hell anyone could ever get in there. A friend of my pa's was a caretaker there for several years and I've had the grand tour before,, it's really something else,,,, very deep,,, strong and self contained 100%. There is a series of 3 blast doors that are massive that you can literally drive an 18 wheeler into and so many escape tunnels you could disappear if you had to,, but why would you want to if shit really did hit the fan? Those doors,,, several of them are made of armor plate and are about 3-4 feet thick and are operated hydryalicly or by huge electric motors. If I remember right Pa's friend said the main door weighted 80 tons or something like that,, and were assembled on site and the secondary doors,,several of them ,, were all built the same way but smaller, about the size of a small garage door, just about large enough to drive a average pick-up into. There are a series of doors at each entrance, not just one. It was designed to take a direct 50 mega ton explosion so I doubt very seriously, in a post appocliptic world anyone would have the means to defeat them. And some of the escape tunnel doors are totally hidden behind a rock vaneir on some of the doors, you can walk right up to them and look around all you wanted to and never realize there was even a door there. It's a pretty dam impressive site to see

I'm sure the person that owns it now and wants a partner would want way more than the 45K I could have gotten it for years ago though. No price was listed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.