Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Underground Survival Shelters

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Underground Survival Shelters

Interesting pictorial of the "Atlas Underground Survival Shelter". Nice but for the price...

Atlas Survival Shelters -> About us

Could make for an additional room however that could serve the dual purpose of being an extra room and a surviv al shelter:

- Black Blade
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

Im a litle confused about the power. Looks like there are batteries for the power but how would you keeep them charged? You would need some sort of power source, like wind or solar if the main power grid went down.
    You would also need some sort of water source, large gallon water tank dug in next to the unit. Especially if you have a shower built in the thing

What about the toliet do they hook that up to a spetic?

Seems like there are lots of question if this were a long term bundker.

It is very cool however!
    "Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway." - The Duke

Feedback Score

That's pretty neat. Kinda pricy for what it is though I think. Now I know what that was. Saw one of those on the highway, didn't know what the heck it was....
    “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.” George Washington

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    George Washington

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

If these are like most, the batteries provide power for a week or so, then need recharged. hand crank genny inside most, to go with the hyand crank backup blower system. For long term use you are expected to buy a "Generator Module" you bury a short distance away. Optional water and fuel tanks of course. And for septic I have seen some with built in tanks and a perforated pipe "leach field, others use an external system.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Definitely cool, but expensive!! I think one of the folks on season one of Doomsday Preppers had one of these. I remember him showing the under floor storage.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Fixed positions never work for long, period,,,ya need to stay mobile to suit changing senrio's. If your in the middle of nowhere,,,, maybe they'd work out,,but there's better options avalible IMO.

I'm not so paranoid at this point to even consider such a thing. Hell,, I could have bought a missile silo ( a old SAC base) a few years back w 10 acres, all equipped for 45K,, if I was that worried!! Now that was a real bunker,,,not some piece of pipe stuck in the dirt. It had several "real " blast doors that no one would ever get through in a million years plus it was just a small under ground city with all the utilitys done!!

If I was that paranoid that little tin door would do little to comfort me,,, you could pop that thing with a small "porta- power" if you wanted to,,, real easy. How to hell would you defend it the way it's set up? Amonia/bleach mix at the vent and your toast!!!! No Thanks, I'm all good with my hidden cave in the middle of the woods that's half way up a cliff with several exits. It was free too, just cost a bit of work. Just one of the bug out spots I have. Not that I'll ever worry about that to much!! I'm not that tweaked!! It's just stocked with minimal survival stuff, in 2 PVC tubes with everything needed, simple and not over the top,, paranoid.

I'm more worried about environmental emergency's/disasters than anything else, screw all the the "dooms day" shit!! That's what I prep for.

Dooms day,, is just that, why let it rule your life being scared and wasting money that's better spent on your family in other ways? Wilderness/survival training is a better choice and common sense stocking up is best IMO. You don't need a major base ops to survive if the SHTF for real. If it does you'd better have that old SAC base to truly survive.

That pipe thing won't do shit for ya for long unless your really out in east bumb- fuck somewhere where it will never be found. Just an infa-red , or magnatomitter ,fly over would bust ya.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Too much money for a few pieces of corrogated pipe sections. I'm sorry.

You could build a fully-stocked basement for the cost of the hole being dug, cement, and presto so long as it is deep enough you are all set. 6 feet of earth is (as I recall) what is needed to shield from gamma particles.
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I've seen those shows where they have the survival bunkers buried underground.

Not the way I would want to go out, LOL. What happens if somebody parks a car on top of the door? You're screwed.

Any chamber underground is a coffin unless there were multiple exits.

CEO Macon Armory Inc. Mad-Machinist's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Rikoshay View Post
    Any chamber underground is a coffin unless there were multiple exits.
    Absoloutely couldn't have said it better myself......and on reflection.....unless you bury it 50 feet deep...not the three or four these goobers on TV are doing....trust me I can get in your tube/coffin if I really want to...and I'm one of the good guys. IF I was one of the bad guys, I could easily whip up some improvised linear shaped charges (amazing what you can learn in the military) and cut a nice clean hole in the rear of your coffin forcing you out the door into my compadres to cut you down....or worse.....and If I know how to do things like that...you can bet your ass some of the bad people in the world do as well......hell.....I could force you out with a drill and a gallon of gasoline unless you fancy being a crispy critter.....or asphyxiated

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Or a little duct tape on your air vents, or maybe a garbage bag.

Hell NO! WTH are people thinking???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.