Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gangs of the Apocalypse?

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

In an urban setting, your chances are low. Over all, getting overwhelmed is a distinct possibility. If that were to happen, rest assured, many of us would prove 'game to the bone' as the old dogmen used to say. It would seem like a waste but given enough prior notice you could wire the place to go boom if you lose.

Would you rather punch out with your better half or leave her to be captured by the pieces of human waste?

These type hit easy targets first. Consider the biological option.

Easy to find caches of tainted food strategically placed well outside of your secure area could possibly thin that 29 thugs down enough to increase your family's' chances of survival.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

these thugs are hardly TO&E ground boots.

a couple of thugs get some bad hits they will fart and fold-

- a couple good head shots and a couple hip-shots and then we'll see what kind of real nerve they got. i doubt you'll have to take out all of them to shatter any attack they put up.

just the thought of a few shattered hip-bones with their pals screaming and crying for them to come help should send them packing and if it don't you got your next shots lined up anyway---lol

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    these thugs are hardly TO&E ground boots.

a couple of thugs get some bad hits they will fart and fold-

- a couple good head shots and a couple hip-shots and then we'll see what kind of real nerve they got. i doubt you'll have to take out all of them to shatter any attack they put up.

just the thought of a few shattered hip-bones with their pals screaming and crying for them to come help should send them packing and if it don't you got your next shots lined up anyway---lol
    Correct!! I doubt that any of those "Badasses" would take the time to help a Bro' who was hip or gut shot! They would most likely use their own ammo to just shut him or her up.

CEO Macon Armory Inc. Mad-Machinist's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

This is why I recommend 55 grain FMJ 5.56 out of a 1/12 twist...... it will stabillize the bullet......but absolutly horrific things happen when it hits something...... shoot 'em in the right hip...it might come out their left shoulder.....
    Last edited by Mad-Machinist; 12-11-2012 at 09:08 AM.

Feedback Score

it is a miitary axiom that if you swiftly inflict 50% casulties, it will break up "any attack', but the soldiers are not starving, trying to feed starving kids, etc, as the looters of shtf WILL be doing. The way most people "think" and shoot, it would take them a million rds to hit 15 of 30 guys.

Look, dudes, ANY hit on any of your loved ones is unacceptable, so you can't be going at this the way you "think'. get lots of lead flying around, and someone you care about is going to be hit. The only realistic answer is to avoid trouble,and that means not being detected in the first place. that means never being out and about in daylight, and staying below ground. At least for many months after shtf, while disease, fighting, etc, get rid of nearly everybody.

Feedback Score

1 in 12" rifling won't properly stabilize 62 gr ball, and that might be what youmostly are able to find or trade for. shoot some animals with ball ammo and see if you are so impressed. :-) I favor the 60 gr Nosler Partition Softpoint, myself, cause I know what happens when you hit flesh and blood with bullets. I'm not leaving it up to chance, which is what you do when you use ball ammo.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

GOOD GRIEF UNLESS YOUR HOUSE IS MADE OF CONCRETE I OR ANY ONE COULD GET YOU OUT OF YOUR HOME PRETTY QUICK WITH ABOUT 5 GALLONS OF GAS A FEW EMPTY BOTTLES RUBBER CEMENT AN SOME RAGS AN THAT JUST FOR STARTERS.

THIS WHOLE IDEA YOUR GOING TO FIGHT OFF A GANG OF STARVING PEOPLE IS A LITTLE SILLY YOU BETTER BE BUILDING A FORT WITH SOME SERIOUS DISTANCE BETWEEN IT AN ANY COVER. IF YOU THINK YOUR GOING TO HAVE A CHANCE OF DEFENDING IT YOU BETTER BE PREPARED TO KILL ON SIGHT. YOU BETTER BE ABLE TO LIGHT IT UP 360 DEGRESS AN HAVE A WAY TO STOP VEHICLES FROM REACHING IT. ANY GUY WITH A DEER RIFLE CAN HIT YOU AT 500 YARDS OR MORE SO IT BETTER HAVE NO WINDOWS AN ALL OF THAT YOU MIGHT LAST A WHILE BUT SHORT OF LOCKING YOUR SELF IN A BOMB SHELTER GOOD LUCK,

AS A HEAVY EQUIP MECHANIC I KNOW WHAT SOME EASLY ACCESABLE DOZERS OR LOADERS CAN DO. YOUR NOT GOING TO STOP A DOZER COMING STRAIGHT AT YOU OR A END LOADER DOING 50 MPH WITHTHE BUCKET RAISED . IF YOU THINK A HOLE IN THE GROUND WILL STOP PEOPLE THINK ABOUT HOW TO STOP A EXUVATER OR EVENA BACKHOE.

IF THEY CANT BURN YOU OUT THEN THEY CAN GAS YOU OUT OR WHAT EVER. THEY WILL DRIVE A TRUCK THROUGH IT WHAT EVER.

MAYBE A FEW HAVE THE CASH FOR A HOUSE THAT LIKE THIS AN I KNOW A FEW OF YOU HAVE THOSE HOUSES BUT MOST DONT HAVE IT AN NEVER WILL.

I SEE SOME OF THE PREPPER STUFF PETTY COMICAL IM NOT AGAINST IT AN THIS IS NOT A SLAM BUT SOME F THE STUFF I SEE IS GOING TO BE POINT LESS WHEN SHTF .

GANGS OF PEOPLE WILL BE A ISSUE IF WE SEE A SITUATION WERE THERE IS NO LAW. IMO THE MORE YOU HAVE THE MORE YOU WILL BE A TARGET, IMO THE BEST BET IS TO APPEAR TO BE WORSE OFF THAN OTHERS.

I GOT A BUG OUT BAG AN A FEW THINGS BUT IF BE FOOLISH TO THINK I COULD KEEP PEOPLE FROM TAKING MY HOUSE EVEN WITH THE STUFF I HAVE. IM SURROUNDED BY WOODS THAT ARE NOT MINE AN ANY ONE COULD PICK ME OFF FROM A HIDDEN POSITION, ITS MADE OF WOOD AN BURNS. THE LP TANK IS NOT BULLET PROOF I CANT SEE OUT ONE SIDE OF THE HOUSE, ID BE BETTER OFF TO LEAVE AN LIVE

I HAVE NO ILLUSIONS OF FIGHTING IT OUT TO THE END OR MAKING MY FAMILY A TARGET . I DO HAVE A EXIT PLAN A PLACE OR TWO TO GO. ITS 13 DEGREES HERE RIGHT NOW AN ITS NO PLACE TO HOLE UP.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.