Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How to Hide and Recover Your Survival Cache

Feedback Score

Which is essentially why my plan is to bug in until I absolutely can't. Then pre-packed essentials will be loaded in my truck for my bug out to my land farther north.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Exactly, and what if your truck and house get firebombed before ya have a chance to load up? The truck breaks an axle along the way and you have to hoof it? Caches are just a way to spread the risk around instead of betting it all on just one or two options.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by kernelkrink View Post
    Exactly, and what if your truck and house get firebombed before ya have a chance to load up? The truck breaks an axle along the way and you have to hoof it? Caches are just a way to spread the risk around instead of betting it all on just one or two options.
    And what if collpase never occurs? Then what?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

There are two kinds of people, those that are prepared, and those that suffer.

Better to be prepared and never need it, like owning a gun for self defense, you feel better with it but hope you don't have to use it
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Being prepared always trumps any outcome. Hoping it doesn't happen or relying on the kindness of strangers is simply foolish. Having listened to stories of family caught in various hurricanes (hunkering down and bugging out), anything other than planned preparation is unthinkable.

A crash is inevitable... in our lifetime. The system, both nationally and worldwide, cannot sustain the current level of use and abuse. The warning signs were reported in the seventies. Sheeple simply do not want to hear bad news.

buckmeister

TRX
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    What about all that money paid for health, homeowner, and vehicle insurance, and you never got sick, had a tornado wreck your house, or had your car wrecked?

Feedback Score

Look, I have never said don't prep. I have food, medicine, and defenses taken care of to my ability. I will not neglect my family's current needs to prep beyond my means.

To me multiple bugout locations and caches of food and weapons off my property are an expense and a risk beyond what I see as reasonable for my situation. I am not telling those that can afford it that they shouldn't do it.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by TRX View Post
    What about all that money paid for health, homeowner, and vehicle insurance, and you never got sick, had a tornado wreck your house, or had your car wrecked?
    Nice analogy until you have kids that get sick or injured, and a wife that has breast cancer, and diabetes yourself. Tornado? Nope, $20k in hail and wind damaged though. Car wrecked? 2 totaled, and so many deer strikes I have lost count.

Even still, I have insurance I can afford. Kind of how I look at prepping. I would love to have multiple bug out locations and more food, guns and ammo, medicine, toiletries, and everything else than anyone else, but money is the issue and will continue to be so. So I do the best I can with the resources I have.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Survival Cache Vaults

A couple small "burial vailts" I recently got for a little "midnight gardening".

Comes with a blue plastic liner, desicant packs, and screws for the inner lid to be secured to the vault. An outter lid that screws onto the top of the vault.

Most my burial vaults I have cached are PVC tubes and heavy plastic Mono Vaults. Also a few large plastic barrels for larger items.

- Black Blade.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.