Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: What's your survival handgun?

Feedback Score

I currently have a modern American made 9MM that uses 15 round magazines. I like it. It always has worked. So far I have had no problems with it. For serious work I load it with Hornady Critical defense loads. I feel that these are superior to ball ammo for defensive actions. Ball is good to practice with.
    Actually, I was looking for a good .45 auto. I told a man I know about it. He had this 9MM and made me an offer that I just could not pass up. So, that's why I have a 9MM. But, if a 40 S&W or 45 Auto ever come my way, I will grab either of them and run. I just hope that ammo will be available for them soon.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Ruger P-89. I have it already, its rugged, accurate, and the biggest thing is ammo availibility in a shtf situation.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score

As far as knock down and stay power in a handgun, for close up contact anygun will do in a pinch. But at a 20 ft distance or a few feeet over I perfer a 40 cal and up preferable the old reliable GI 45. I used to use +P Ammo when I was working. But since Im not anymore I just use standard hollow point rounds.for the most part +P Ammunition is generally used by LEO's And others who carry a badge even some Bail Recovery Agents I know. I have a 9mm but perfer my higher cal handguns including but not limited to a 357 and 44 cals.If I ever have to use one, I want the bad guy to stay down I don't like surprises ( not even Birthday parties!) and second If I had to use deadly force, I wont use +P ammo just to play it safe I dont want to be named as a respondant in a civil trial that says I ment to kill someone. Even though the use of deadly force was investigated and labled justified, and not Homicide! There is a whole lot red tape when deadly force is used and you don't want to be caught up in it! you wind up being poor and thus a new Rich lawer is born ( no offence to any attorny's that may be on here ) ..But if ther is and one would like to take a slam dunk case malpratice case pm me ...Doc

Feedback Score

I once had a genuine Colt 45 Auto. The only thing that I did not like about it was: It was chrome plated and shone like a mirror. I always said I could use it as a signal mirror. But, it always functioned correctly. But, I was young and not so smart in those days and I traded it for something-I don't remember what it was. I wish I still had it. Nowadays when I purchase or trade for a gun, I Intend to keep it the rest of my life! I seldom trade gun for gun, but, sometimes somebody wants something else that I have and offers to trade a firearm for it. I almost always say: "YES!"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.