Thread: everybody should have this gun

Feedback Score

Default everybody should have this gun

If there is one gun that everybody should own, my choice is the Henry AR7. This marvelous little rifle comes in .22LR. It can be disassembled and stored in its butt stock. It floats in water assembles or disassembled. It is also a dependable shooter. It takes detachable 8 round magazines. They are light enough and compact enough to be carried in a backpack. You could leave on hidden in a corner of your car’s trunk. All in all, a very good gun for survival purposes.
    This gun was originally designed for Air Force pilots to carry with them as they flew off to combat. In the event that they had to bail out of their plane, it was desired that they should have something they could shoot for protection or possibly to get game. It was decided that any gun beats no gun. They decided that the best caliber for this little gun would be the .22.
    The AR7 was designed by Armalite around 1959. Down through the years they have been made by several manufacturers--some good, some not so good. Henry is the manufacturer today and this company prides themselves for making quality products. And, every fiber is made in America!
    I have handled these before. They handle nicely and seem to shoot every time you pull the trigger. As I said before: “Everybody should have one!”

Action Type: Semi-automatic
    Caliber: .22 LR
    Capacity: 8 round magazine (comes with 2 magazines)
    Length: 35″ assembled – 16.5″ when stowed
    Weight: 3.5 lbs.
    Stock: ABS Plastic
    Sights: Adjustable rear, blade front (bright orange)
    Finish: Teflon coated receiver and coated steel barrel
    M.S.R.P. $275.00

Feedback Score

Already in the Market for one brother...
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

I agree. That is a handy little rifle and well worth buying.
    Henry even runs a TV commercial. Have you seen it?

American Made By Americans.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

$275 Yikes!
    I remember when the Charter Arms ones used to be $99 used any day of the week. Handy lil pack rifle, floats too as they have styrofoam in the stock.

Ramline made 30 rnd plastic mags for a while(semi-ok), and a few other made various steel ones. Kinda rare to find the after-market ones now.
    Just be careful if you remove the sideplate and bolt for a full cleaning, it can be rather tough to get the twin recoil springs to not flop in half and knot up with each other when trying to get the bolt back in.
    "To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk."
    - Thomas Alva Edison
    |> Military training/history DVDs: www.loose-cannon.com/military
    Latest eBook: Build Your Own AK: Vol. II

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I have one of these "jam o matics" There are VERY ammo sensitiive, not 100% reliable, and the same comments were re interated to me directly from a Henry rep when I called to mention my issues. I had one of the Charter Arms versions also and they were even worse. They are a cool idea and can be made ot work better with a good deal of work.

There was a tutorial around a while ago that discussed this. The only thing I recall, was a mention of "throating" the barrel at the breech with some polishing compound and the head of a bullet, I think it was a cased 223 round if I recall.

It is a fun guy, just would not rely on it in a one shot life or death situation.
    Nemo ME Impune Lacessit
    Manus sapiens potens est
    пиштоли не убиваат луѓе, тие само го прават тоа полесно

Feedback Score

I like the handiness of this gun and the fact that it floats in water-assembled or stored.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Last summer a friend bought one for just over $200 out the door, it worked fine but he didn't like the way it felt while shooting, so he sold it to get something else.
    I thought it was a decent gun and it was farely accurate, but I didn't care for the sights on it.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

I like mine. A gift from my uncle, he bought it in the 70's I think. I carry it when I fish and backpack. It's one of my gotos.

Feedback Score

I guess it is cool, but the Ruger 10/22 seems like a much more robust and practical rifle.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.