Thread: ‘Nightmare’ bacteria spreading in U.S. hospitals, nursing homes: CDC

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default ‘Nightmare’ bacteria spreading in U.S. hospitals, nursing homes: CDC

‘Nightmare’ bacteria spreading in U.S. hospitals, nursing homes: CDC

theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com / By Nickko / March 6, 2013

March 6, 2013 – HEALTH – A “nightmare” bacteria that is resistant to powerful antibiotics and kills half of those it infects has surfaced in nearly 200 U.S. hospitals and nursing homes, federal health officials reported Tuesday. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said 4 percent of U.S. hospitals and 18 percent of nursing homes had treated at least one patient with the bacteria, called Carbapenem-Resistant Enterobacteriaceae (CRE), within the first six months of 2012. “CRE are nightmare bacteria. Our strongest antibiotics don’t work and patients are left with potentially untreatable infections,” CDC Director Dr. Thomas Frieden said in a news release. “Doctors, hospital leaders and public health [officials] must work together now to implement the CDC’s ‘detect and protect’ strategy and stop these infections from spreading. The good news,” Frieden added at an afternoon teleconference, “is we now have an opportunity to prevent its further spread.” But, he continued, “We only have a limited window of opportunity to stop this infection from spreading to the community and spreading to more organisms.” CRE are in a family of more than 70 bacteria called enterobacteriaceae, including Klebsiella pneumoniae and E. coli, that normally live in the digestive system. In recent years, some of these bacteria have become resistant to last-resort antibiotics known as carbapenems.

READ MORE
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

great and I just had a over night hospital stay
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

-- i hope obamma ain't spraying this from his 30,000 drone aircraft!

I am my favorite American gunnerxxx's Avatar
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    -- i hope obamma ain't spraying this from his 30,000 drone aircraft!
    Hmmmm!

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

A) despite how many times the CDC has cried wolf in the last 20 years, it *might* be a real threat

B) or it could just be another attempt to scare Congress into maintaining or increasing their funding.

"Wolf!"
    "Where wolf?"
    "*There* wolf!"

Feedback Score

for those who have any antibotics in the old medicine cabinet take, and you have been in a hospital or nay of these places that may have this infection, take the antibiotics for a few days or just wait intil the first day that you start feeling like hell, cypro would be the best if you have any, and I would advise anyone now days to have at least a thirty day supply tucked away espically those who are in the medical field and those that are arond patients or loved ones that may become infected, and for those on both the eastern as western coasts. espically now with the little dictator who know is threating the US with Nuclar Launch.. Remember guys espically those of us who were in the military, how many times has HQ and the rest of DOD have been wrong about something, take no chances. the majority of the goverment that is currently in place, we cannot trust. So lets prepare ourselfs in advance,, ,,,,Doc

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

That's whats eating Pelosi's face!!

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.