Thread: My "dream battery."

Feedback Score

Default My "dream battery."

I decided to tell you what my “dream” survival gun battery would consist of. Now, I want to start by stating that I DO NOT HAVE many of these items. I don’t even have a few of them. But, I can dream, can’t I?
    My first choice would be two M1A/M14 assault rifles in .308/7.6251 NATO caliber. I would prefer that these be stainless steel. Along with these two rifles, I would like to have 10,000 rounds of ammo.
    I would also desire two M4s or AR15s in .223/5.56. Again stainless, along with 10,000 rounds of ammo.
    I want 2 Ruger 10/22s in stainless steel. Inasmuch as I want handguns in this caliber, I would want at least 50,000 rounds of ammo.
    Two good pump shotguns--Mossberg or Remington, preferably. I could also go with some other makes as long as they are quality. I would want 5,000 rounds of bird shot in varying sizes and 500 rounds of buck shot in different sizes.
    I really desire two SIG handguns in .45 ACP caliber. And, 2 SIG handguns in 9MM Luger. These would be my tactical choices. I would desire 5,000 rounds of each caliber.
    For working handguns I would like 2 Ruger .44 magnum and 2 .357/.38 Special revolvers. 2,000 rounds of ammo for each caliber.
    I would like two or more each of .22 revolvers and semi auto hand guns.
    For all of these weapons I would want a complete set of spare parts. If tshtf, you won’t be able to run to the store to get extras for anything you own. It is also desirable to obtain as many extra high capacity magazines as you can afford. Also, accessories such as holsters, carrying cases, slings, cleaning equipment and tools for repair work.
    The reason I want 2 of each is due to the old saying that “one is none and two is one.” If I could afford to buy all of this equipment, I would bury that biggest part of it in caches scattered around over an area of public land separated by several miles each. Someone might find one but, they might miss the others. And, even if it took all day to walk from one to another, at least you could find some of them still intact.
    Again, this is my “wish list”, but, “if wishes were fishes.....”

What is yours?

Feedback Score

To be able to buy the firearms I want and not wonder if, or more likely when, they will be declared illegal and attempts to conficate them will begin!

Feedback Score

As I said: I'm dreaming! But, maybe if I ever win the lottery.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Two of each,I like that.

One for caching, one for shooting. I wouldn't be able to cache both. I like shooting them too much.

Add a couple of 1911s.

Feedback Score

Yes, I didn't think of the 1911s. You can't go wrong with those.
    Last edited by dario541; 03-22-2013 at 03:58 PM.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

if you just got to have a sig they do make a pretty good 1911!

course they had to furbar it sigs way and put on an external extractor--but i could live with it anyway-i might have to put in one of S&W el-cheapo hammers though. -LOL

if i was getting pistols i would stick to 1911s and CZ & clones maybe a few plastics like glocks cause that plastic has 'special properties"--or so im told! LOL!

Feedback Score

Whatever you get, don't forget spare parts! Anything that is man made is subject to breakage. And, there may come a day when we cannot order parts. Let's get them now.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by dario541 View Post
    Whatever you get, don't forget spare parts! Anything that is man made is subject to breakage. And, there may come a day when we cannot order parts. Let's get them now.

funny you said that-- i just ordered a few spare ar-15 bolts while they were in stock at a fair price.

that is the reason everybody is so fond of the ar-15 series, ak47 series and the 1911.

there some of the few out there you can buy ALL the parts for.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.