Thread: Great Book: One Second After by William Forstchen

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Default Great Book: One Second After by William Forstchen

I'm sure plenty of you have already read it, but I was kind of late to the party. It's a great read, and was very eye opening for me. It showed my several areas in my preps where I am weaker than I realized. A very interesting thing for me about the book was the fact that it took place where I grew up, in and around the Asheville, Black Mountain, and Swannanoa area of Western North Carolina. I've been on the Montreat College campus many times in my youth, and when they talk of the VA Hospital, the DMV, etc.. I've been to all those places as well. Heck I got my driver's license at 16 at that very DMV office. I guess IMO, it had an even greater impact since I could picture everything he describes, as it actually is, not just in my mind based off of descriptions. Really a big impact. Any rate, if any of you out there have NOT read this yet, I highly recommend it.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

It was a good read. Now pick up the "299 days" series. If you can look past the apparent lack of editorial scrubs, I have found it to be a very good set of books so far. Good ideas in it too.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Posthumous View Post
    It was a good read. Now pick up the "299 days" series. If you can look past the apparent lack of editorial scrubs, I have found it to be a very good set of books so far. Good ideas in it too.
    Thanks for the tip Posthumous.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.