Gunco Forums banner

Great Book: One Second After by William Forstchen

758 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  2ndAmendican 
#1 ·
I'm sure plenty of you have already read it, but I was kind of late to the party. It's a great read, and was very eye opening for me. It showed my several areas in my preps where I am weaker than I realized. A very interesting thing for me about the book was the fact that it took place where I grew up, in and around the Asheville, Black Mountain, and Swannanoa area of Western North Carolina. I've been on the Montreat College campus many times in my youth, and when they talk of the VA Hospital, the DMV, etc.. I've been to all those places as well. Heck I got my driver's license at 16 at that very DMV office. I guess IMO, it had an even greater impact since I could picture everything he describes, as it actually is, not just in my mind based off of descriptions. Really a big impact. Any rate, if any of you out there have NOT read this yet, I highly recommend it.

#3 ·
Thanks for the tip Posthumous.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.