Thread: Prepping: The Next Big Political Movement?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Prepping: The Next Big Political Movement?

Prepping: The Next Big Political Movement?

Snippit:

Many people may have the impression that most preppers have an “every man for himself” mentality. Delving into this world, however, you will find the opposite to be true. The online community of survivalist/homesteaders is very generous with their knowledge and many allow postings from readers that have great ideas and suggestions. Pennington says, “I just want to get the information out there to help people. The unprepared will be in a lot of trouble if a disaster hits, the disaster could be a loss of a job. The only thing you can do is start with your household. Hopefully the way you live your life will then be a witness for other people”

US News & World Report recently posted anarticle about America’s exploding black market. A portion of this may actually be people trying to live self-sufficiently. Just as Ron Finley stated, “Growing your own food is like printing your own money.” Brett Markham states on his website that becoming self-sufficient “will increase your standard of living just as certainly as getting a big raise.”

Markham believes we are in an economic decline and more people are seeking ways to take care of their families. ”Across the political spectrum people feel politics can’t be changed. So what they are doing, they are seceding in place. They are turning their back on the system as much as they can. By doing that they are doing something that’s more profoundly political. When you grow your own food, you are taking money out of the system and are defunding many levels of taxation.” As the number of people growing their own food increases, it can start to have an economic and political impact. “People don’t have to see themselves as soldiers in an army to actually be carrying out the work of an army.” The growing interest in a self-sustaining lifestyle may begin in the desire to take care of one’s family and not be political. But it could turn out to be the common ground in which cooperation can be grown between people from across the political spectrum.

Seceding from corporatism, politics and a precarious economy, and living a self-sustaining, independent lifestyle may be the new measure of success in the coming years. Prepping is not only about preparing for disasters but also encompasses self-empowerment, self-sufficiency, living healthier and having a political impact.

This begs the question: Now wouldn’t you like to be a prepper too?

Continued: Prepping: The Next Big Political Movement? | Politics | US - Right Side News

Black Blade: This is the best part - "Starve The Beast" by becoming self-sufficient and denying government the taxes they use to fund programs and agencies against you. Living off the land as much as possible and bleed the system by taking advantage of goods and services they provide is the best of all situations. The people voted and so it is good to go.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score

I have been prepping for years. But, it's not just for myself. I have a number of relatives and close friends who do not see the need to do this. They feel that they will always have electricity, that the stores will always be full of food and other necessities. So, they think like Alfred E. Newman: "What, me worry?
    So, in the event that it becomes necessary to help some of my family along, I'm trying to get prepared to do just that!
    Thanks for your post; it's is very informative.

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dario541 View Post
    They feel that they will always have electricity
    Heck, you should see the expressions of some people when they whip out their smartphone for their Facebook fix and there's no signal. Or there are places where there are no land lines for phone service, either. Or even (which seems to be deeply unsettling) that nobody ever heard of some particular food product they're fond of.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

While a lot of preppers are being forthcoming with their knowlege, and experience, when the SHTF, they will be less inclined to give away their preps to folks who didn't prepare. I certainly don't mind helping a family member or a close friend, but NOT the golden hordes. I'm sorry, unless they're bringing some needed skill or supplies, I don't plan to open the door. Sorry. I don't mean to be selfish, but I am preparing to take care of MY family, NOT everyone else's.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

If you try to do very much, I'm sure the authorities will show up to truck all of your preps away. Keep a low profile. Help your loved ones. But, the rest of the world will have to take care of themselves. I just hope, for their sake, they don't try to take it from me.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Been buying batteries, lots of rice and extra canned goods since following BBs advice..
    We live about 35 miles from the ocean in Daytona.. Rt. 40 is a major evacuation road, for people heading inland during a possible hurricane..
    Me and a few Bros made up a big sign and stand on the road..
    "Have safe place to stay. Food, shelter, generators, booze. Any young single women go no further. Stop, turn right. You can stay will us.. Trust us, you will be in safe hands."
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dario541 View Post
    If you try to do very much, I'm sure the authorities will show up to truck all of your preps away. Keep a low profile. Help your loved ones. But, the rest of the world will have to take care of themselves. I just hope, for their sake, they don't try to take it from me.
    I would love to see the Feds try that in Utah, Idaho, Arizona, Nevada and western Colorado Plateau. The Mormon folk have preps as per their religion and they are generally well-armed. In fact some of my Mormon friends are extremely well armed. Whole communities would rise up if the Feds showed up with trucks to steal their property. Of course most the Feds in those places are also Mormons so who are they more likely to align themselves with? The Feds or their church? They have a history being ready to fight outsiders and in their past they were fairly good at guerilla tactics.

As for the rest of us I would say cache and stash is a good plan. I don't keep all my eggs in one basket so to speak. I have preps scattered across a few western states. If you are part of a "like minded" community of friends then your odds of survival have increased exponentially. Keeping a low profile is good but there's also strength in numbers.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score

If the Goverment was smart and please take note I said IF! they would take all the rations and distribute them to the citizans of thei country, The real citizans , those who went thru the legal process to become an american citizan, not the ones who snuck across the boarder like a thief in the night, and had an anchor baby, that dose not count sorry! to benfit here you must be born here or become a legal United States Citizan nothing more and nothing less....Doc

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.