Thread: Now Obama Targets Your FedEx, UPS Packages

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Now Obama Targets Your FedEx, UPS Packages

Now Obama Targets Your FedEx, UPS Packages

The Obama administration is demanding the nation’s two biggest shipping companies police the contents of Americans’ sealed packages, and a FedEx spokesman is warning that the move “has the potential to threaten the privacy of all customers that send or receive packages.”

FedEx and UPS are in the Justice Department’s cross-hairs for not flagging shipments of illegally prescribed drugs the companies say they had no way of knowing were in their possession.

Criminal charges could be coming against the carriers, even though the government has not alleged any deliberate wrongdoing by the companies.

FedEx spokesman Patrick Fitzgerald said his company has a 40-year history of actively assisting the government crackdown on any criminal conduct, but he told WND this probe was very different from the start.

“What is unusual and really disturbing is it became clear to us along the way that FedEx was being targeted for some level criminal activity as it relates to these medicines that are being shipped from pharmacies, and we find it to be completely absurd because it’s really not our role,” Fitzgerald said. “We have no way of knowing what is legal and not within the packages that we’re picking up and delivering in this situation.”

“At the heart of the investigation are sealed packages that are being sent by, as far as we can tell, licensed pharmacies. These are medicines with legal prescriptions written by licensed physicians. So it’s difficult for us to understand where we would have some role in this. We are a transportation company that picks up and delivers close to 10 million packages every day. They are sealed packages, so we have no way of knowing specifically what’s inside and we have no interest in violating the privacy rights of our customers,” Fitzgerald said.

In addition to the unrealistic expectation that the federal government seems to have for the companies to know what’s in every package, Fitzgerald said protecting the rights of customers is paramount and the issues go hand-in-hand.

“They clearly are attempting to put some responsibility for the legality of the contents of these packages. That’s why for us it goes far beyond even just the online pharmacy situation. This really has a chilling effect. It has the potential to threaten the privacy of all customers that send or receive packages via FedEx because the government is assigning a role on us as law enforcement or taking on their role in a way that is not appropriate,” Fitzgerald said.

FedEx sought to diffuse the standoff by offering to stop doing business with any pharmacies that the government suspected to be involved in illegal activities. The Justice Department declined, citing the potential for the pharmacies to sue over a lack of due process.

“If the government were to come to us and give us the name of a customer that’s engaged in some level of illegal activity, we can immediately stop shipping for that customer. We will not tolerate any illegal activity within our networks,” Fitzgerald said. “What we want here is a solution that will apply for the entire industry and serve the public’s interest. That’s why we find it completely absurd and, to a large degree, stunning that the government is not working with us on that solution as they have with other problems in the past. As long as they’re not doing that, there’s really no solution even if they were to pursue an investigation or criminal charges against a specific company. There needs to be an industry-wide solution that will put a stop to this problem.”

That leaves FedEx and UPS with the task of stopping illegal shipments from sources the government will not divulge.

“The comparison that we’ve made is a no-fly list. It’s as if the government were to go to major commercial airlines and accuse them of some level of criminal activity if they were to allow somebody on the no-fly list onto one of their planes without providing them a no-fly list,” Fitzgerald said. “What we want here is the no-fly list for online pharmacies. If they are aware of some level of illegal activity by some number of pharmacies, simply provide us that list and we will stop providing service. It’s a very simple solution.”

Fitzgerald said no other private carriers are being targeted by the Justice Department, and he has no evidence to suggest this probe is designed to boost the financially strapped U.S. Postal Service at the expense of private competitors.

UPS is currently negotiating a settlement with the government, but FedEx is fighting this all the way.

“Settlement is not an option for us when there’s no illegal activity on our part,” Fitzgerald said.

Oath Keepers Blog Archive Now Obama Targets Your FedEx, UPS Packages

Black Blade: More and more the USA is become more like the old Soviet Union under the Obamunists.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score

Here is something that needs immeadate attention! we should set up a net work just as the allies did in WWll for passing Information and materials, and most of all get that stupid mofo out of office. The world is watching his every freeking move. And it dosnt take and rocket sciensist to know that as soon as they manage to disarm the American Citizan how long do you think it will be before the very enemy we have lost thousands of people too will show up on our doorstep and really cause trouble, death and destruction. But of Course our political leaders we dont know what happened!, or we could have not forseen this comming! Well if I can see it comming and they can;t this means one of two things ..No#1 it proves the goverment didnt give a shit to begin with, No#2 They were to stupid and stuck up to see it eathier way these idoits should not be in office..Doc

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I was suprised to see a UPS notification on the counter of a local Staples.

It says that a government issued ID is required to ship packages via UPS.

Seems like this would be racist as poor minorities who cannot afford goverment ID would be discriminated against when trying to ship a package, LOL.

Heaven forbid that we ask for ID to VOTE.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

that what we get by allowing criminals, illegal aliens and politicians to run the country.

you can't even ship a god-damned UPS package without showing ID.

what is next? will you have to show an ID to open your own mail box?

i bet obougo didn't even have to show his photo id when he moved into the white house!

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Rikoshay View Post
    Seems like this would be racist as poor minorities who cannot afford goverment ID would be discriminated against
    No Social Security card? No Welfare card? No birth certificate? No prison release papers?

Heaven forbid that we ask for ID to VOTE.
    We do in Arkansas.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Question You want us to what?

Viral Video: FedEx delivery man throws computer monitor over fence | Digital Trends

Packages. Packages.. We don't care about no stinking packages.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i had some outfit send me a old CRT computer monitor COD that i didn't order , when it arrived UPS i told the driver " wtf is going on i didn't order that?"

the driver just says "ooppss" and tosses the heavy CRT out on the hard pavement-- he says " well that one looks damaged in transit to me!"

the dame thing sounded like a box of broken glass--LOL

Feedback Score

It looks like we are going to have to find a diffrent way to order items, and where theres a will there is a way! and they better have cause and a little item called a search warrent! Just for example If I have a package comming from lets say J&G sales and it looks like a gun box. that is not proboable cause, ther ecould be anything in that box most likely a barrel or it could be a parts kit. If the Kits arn't banned they can't take it as long as your package conforms to Federal & State Laws and regulations.And if they do search your package, They have to provide to you a copy of the warrent, now if you order an alarm clock with your parts,, well then its going to get opened! or if you receive any ordenance material more than likely its going to get opened, for that we can actually thank once again our over zelious goverment agencies for that one too. But in the Goverments defence no booing pleas lol ( that was due to the branch devideans when david koreash ordered WWll Frag Grenade hulls and the box opened and the driver reported this immeaditily, and thus days later a religious nutjob & his followers and thier children parished due once again to an over zelious goverment agencies of law enforcement. they could have just waited him out or they knew when he went to town, they could have snached him then, but no as usual they have to grandstand and be whole hog or none at all ( this is another reason local law enforcement cant stand them!)
    But to get back on track,,,If you get a package we all like to tear them open right away like a kid at christmas, But take a few moments to very carefully inspect your packages any rips or tares or it looks as tho your goodies have been tampered with contact your attorney or the ACLU and tell tehm you feel that your being targeted, and in some cases Ive seen guys get the package with nothing in it but a letter from the alphabet agency explaining why your package now belongs to the Goverment. So becareful and be safe out there guys, Fir the way I see it we are the ones being hunted and targeted, Not the Criminals they cant find them only by luck , a snitch , or a by chalkline in the street, usally its the latter of the two. And your package may get opened and they let it thru, just keeo track of when it was sent, the item, date it was supposed to be deliverd and the date and time you actually received it this information could become of great use later on and I wiuld add them to my personal inventory list which include pictures and serials numbers , discription nad more, And these are in a very safe place in case Im ever robbed but not likely just though Id share some ideas...Doc

Feedback Score

Anyone who open any of my mail and or packages without justifiable casuse and witrhout a warrent, Will find themselfs having criminal charges filed againdt them ,And I will Prosocute them to the fullest extent of the law I dont care what politican gave the order he or she is just as guilty, And Personally it won be the first time I have had a chat with federal authorties on soneome breaking fedearl laws and having thenm arrested. I dont have a one bit of a problem with it, and I will sleep just fine at night, His or her family and kids are no friends or relitives of mine and they should have thought before they got greedy! and are attempting to reenact a play from the Books of Hitler & stalen and all those before and after them tried and lost. and now will be no diffrent...Doc

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.