Thread: Survival Bracelets

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Default Survival Bracelets

I came across these recently and wanted to share the info with you guys.

We've all seen then currently trendy paracord bracelets. They are pretty cool, but most do not offer any more emergency help than just the paracord itself. I've seen them offered complete and as kits that are basically just a length of paracord and a buckle.

These offer much more. Wazoo Survival Gear LLC

They offer 4 different bracelets plus a kit to "roll your own". I went for the "minimalist" which consists the paracord of course, but also contains a firesteel, whistle, fishing line, hooks, needle, drinking straw and a stainless steel nameplate that can be used for several functions. A striker for the firesteel, a spinner and a signal mirror. The buckle contains the firesteel and whistle, which is surprisingly loud for such a little thing.

They offer them in a myriad of color combinations. They are custom sized to you wrist measurement and you can even get the nameplate custom engraved should you desire. I had mine engraved with the RTKBA acronym.

I opted for the black and charcoal combo for my bracelet. I also got a bracelet in a bag to mess with. I'm not sure how they cram all this stuff in there, but it has a nice tight weave that hides everything.
    I think it's a pretty cool piece of kit to have on you when you are going anywhere that you don't think you might need, and therefore don't have with you, any emergency supplies.

I also got a keychain firesteel made from spent 5.56x45 brass. They replace the bullet with some sort of a firesteel that really cranks out an impressive spark. It is about to become a zipper pull on my hunting coat.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Survival Bracelets-waz3.jpg  

Survival Bracelets-waz1.jpg  

Survival Bracelets-waz4.jpg  

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default Chief..

Chief, you should move that too the "Survival Forum." That is nice, small self contained.. Now don't shoot, your a Mod and I am telling you to move it too the survival forum. Yo. do what yah want..
    Damn. I read Black Blades survival forum religiously..
    When I go out in my boat here in the backwater, never leave without telling someone where I am going.. Tell the girlfriend, but she has my insurance policy, hopes I croak..
    Any adventures in the outdoors. Boating, hiking, hunting.. Whatever.. Boy Scouts.. "Be prepared" do not take life for granted.. Prepare like you are going for a week, you just might be?
    8 days without food, without water your dead, don't matter.. But your Bro starts looking like Filet Mignon.. Don't ask me how I know..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Ha Ha. Those have been around for years. Some bored GI made one in his spare time because it looked cool and then somebody asked what it was and some other GI said "it's a survival bracelet". LOL.

Had a young LT showing off his $50 "survival bracelet" last summer. He's still trying to live it down.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Rikoshay View Post
    Ha Ha. Those have been around for years. Some bored GI made one in his spare time because it looked cool and then somebody asked what it was and some other GI said "it's a survival bracelet". LOL.

Had a young LT showing off his $50 "survival bracelet" last summer. He's still trying to live it down.
    Yeah, but this is the first time I've ever seen one that actually had legitimate survival tools in it.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.