Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dental Work Pre/Post SHTF????

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

My Marine Bro, bout 6 foot 5 at the V.A. dentist.. Needs a tooth pulled.. Little mix up, thought they gave him pain killer.. He don't know what the hell is going on. Dentist comes in, starts yanking..
    He came out of that chair, took 10 guys to get his hands off the poor Doctors throat..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Pulling a bad tooth without something to deaden it is doable, they did it before novacaine, but what worries me more is if we get a tooth impacted and theres no antibiotic availible. Folks have died from this. If you pull a tooth that is infected the infection may get into your bloodstream, and your screwed. If you leave it alone the infection will spread, eating away at your jawbone, and eventually spreading to the bloodsteam, screwed this way too. Ramses the great was killed by a friggen bad tooth. When they x-rayed his mummy they found a large void in his jawbone where the infection had done its work. So some home made antibiotics should be high on the list.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Back in the day when I had dental insurance, when I called my Dentist and said I had a toothache, he prescribed antibiotics and a couple days worth of pain pills over the phone and setup an appointment a week later. Knocked the infection down, got rid of the pain, and then he would fill or yank the tooth at the appointment. Lately, the dentists I have seen want to do everything in one visit with no antibiotics at all! Also, my original Dentist always described my aching teeth as being "abscessed" and the cause was the cavity that had allowed the bacteria into the tooth interior. Lately, the Doc described a tooth in the X-Ray as having an "abscess" and the only choices were root canal or removal! How about we try some keflex and amalgam first, Doc?

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dcholl View Post
    A few things I have in my kit just in case, 1 qt of old 100 proof whiskey use , also have a box of oral gel extra strength and 10 small bottles of clove oil. If you have a real bad tooth ache take a shot of Booze and rinse swish it around in your mouth and then keep it in your mouth on the tooth area, or soak a cotton ball with the booze and hold it on your tooth until the pain stops, then apply the clove oil ( Warning it is one of the nastiest things you will ever taste!!) it works as a numbing agent on the nerve apply this a couple of times all around the tooth and or cavity then apply the oral gel. also rub this around the gum area as well. I found all kinds of dental tools and medical tools on ebay and other auction sites and just by searching for medical and or dental tools for sale. and make sure of few things #1 you steralize your equipment, #2 If you remove any teeth especially in the back put some gauze in your mouth one to stop the bleeding,
    and avoild getting a dry socket in your mouth that is one pain you dont want.!! #3 get the tooth removed as quickly as possible to avoid any further infection, and remember that bad teeth left unattended the side effect of this can at some point cause a heart attack. And put some extra strength pain asprin or save what is left of old prescriptions such as anitbiotiocs and pain relievers, and other medicine you may need....Doc
    Yeah I've used the alcohol on a cotton ball trick before. My mother used to do that to/for me when I was a kid. It definitely works.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.