Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dental Work Pre/Post SHTF????

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Default Dental Work Pre/Post SHTF????

After reading "One Second After" I realized that I had been putting off some dental work, and I needed to get things caught up. Once I went into the dentist I found out that things were worse than I thought. I needed quite a bit of work. I'm all up to date now, but it really got me thinking about things. What are you going to do in a "post SHTF" environment for dental care, if there's a problem? Is there a "home dental work for dummies" book out there to help guide the average prepper through home dentistry?
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

I found one book:

Where there is no dentist, by Murray Dickson

This book is currently available at Amazon and eBay.

There are probably a few others, but this gives us a start.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dario541 View Post
    I found one book:

Where there is no dentist, by Murray Dickson

This book is currently available at Amazon and eBay.

There are probably a few others, but this gives us a start.
    Great, thanks Dario.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

I just googled "Survival Dentistry" and was amazed how much information is out there. You should try it. I'm sure that we will be able to find out all we need to know that way.

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

FIREBALL CINNNAMON WHISKEY
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Marine up 2nd.. Couple of good shots of Johnny Walker.. Sit down, Bro gets his pliers and yanks. Hell we do it all the time in the swamp here..
    If the roots are in real deep. Sometimes takes a couple of guys to hold the patients head...
    If any jaw bone comes out, oh we have had that happen. Use Super Glue till the bone grows back together..
    Rinse with more booze to stop infection..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score

It helps to have the victim to lay down with

Their arms at their sides and set astride them

That way they can't hit you while you pull their

Tooth.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

How do you confront dentistry when there is no dentist? This is an interesting question as I had a tooth go bad (infected nerve) when I was working in the jungles of north Myanmar. It was a molar and it was somewhat painful although I did have some benzocaine to deaden the pain. I had another five or six weeks before I could get out of the jungle and get to a "real" dentist in Hong Kong or Singapore. Since then I had thought about how to deal with tooth problems when there is no dentist.

I found an online book "Where There Is No Dentist" which may be of some help and is designed for those in the Third World. The book is also available in hard copy from Amazon. It is part of a series including the book "Where There Is No Doctor" from the Hesperian Organization.

Somehow I keep thinking of the Old West when the dentist would come to town with a manually operated hand drill and a pair of pliers to extract teeth. There is nothing better than preventative maintenance but even so, there will be dental problems regardless.

- Black Blade
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score

A few things I have in my kit just in case, 1 qt of old 100 proof whiskey use , also have a box of oral gel extra strength and 10 small bottles of clove oil. If you have a real bad tooth ache take a shot of Booze and rinse swish it around in your mouth and then keep it in your mouth on the tooth area, or soak a cotton ball with the booze and hold it on your tooth until the pain stops, then apply the clove oil ( Warning it is one of the nastiest things you will ever taste!!) it works as a numbing agent on the nerve apply this a couple of times all around the tooth and or cavity then apply the oral gel. also rub this around the gum area as well. I found all kinds of dental tools and medical tools on ebay and other auction sites and just by searching for medical and or dental tools for sale. and make sure of few things #1 you steralize your equipment, #2 If you remove any teeth especially in the back put some gauze in your mouth one to stop the bleeding,
    and avoild getting a dry socket in your mouth that is one pain you dont want.!! #3 get the tooth removed as quickly as possible to avoid any further infection, and remember that bad teeth left unattended the side effect of this can at some point cause a heart attack. And put some extra strength pain asprin or save what is left of old prescriptions such as anitbiotiocs and pain relievers, and other medicine you may need....Doc

Feedback Score

I once went to a dentist to have a tooth pulled. He came in, sat down, gave me some shots of novocain and immediately pulled the tooth! The pain killer hadn't kicked in yet! The only reason I let him finish it was because-once he started-I wanted to get it over with! Did it hurt? Does a wolf lift his leg in the wild? The only reason I didn't bite his fingers off was because he first put a rubber block between my upper and lower teeth. Did I ever go back to him? NO! But, I did learn that, if necessary, teeth can be pulled without pain killer. But, I hope I never have to go through that again!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.