Thread: The best health for preppers.

Feedback Score

Default The best health for preppers.

If TEOTWAWKI ever comes to America, you owe it to yourself to be in the best health possible. I want to pass along a few things that I have learned that may be beneficial to some of you.
    I want to start this article by saying that I am NOT a doctor. I have NO official medical training. However, for decades I have studied health issues on my own. I have become a firm believer that YOU are the best person to take care of your own health. There is plenty of material out there, much of it written by nutritionists and doctors. So, BE YOUR OWN “DOCTOR!”
    In my opinion, modern medicine is not practiced correctly. You go to a doctor, arrange to pay the $250 fee, then you sit in the waiting room for an hour or two. Finally they take you to an exam room where a nurse checks your temperature and blood pressure. The nurse may also do a few other checks based on your complaint. Then the doctor strolls in, looks at your chart, talks to you a few minutes, gives some orders to the nurse (“...give him a shot, etc...”), writes out a prescription and disappears.
    IMHO, Allopathic Medicine is the sorriest “healing” system ever devised. It is NOT designed to keep you well or to heal you of any illness. This type of medical practice treats the symptom, not the PROBLEM! Today, DRUGS are all the rage! Doctors have become glorified drug pushers! And, they want to keep you on drugs the rest of your life! That’s where the money is!
    The Government has even ruled that “...only a DRUG can cure, treat, diagnose or prevent disease!” This is, of course, a blatant LIE! For centuries it has been a well known fact that vitamin C prevents scurvy. The British knew it long ago and sent citrus fruit on long ocean voyages (British sailors are still called “Limeys” because of this practice). It is also a well known fact that sunshine creates vitamin D in your body and this can prevent rickets. Osteoporosis can be effectively treated with calcium. Raw fruits and vegetables are extremely important for good health. As a matter of fact, the best “drugs” for most ailments are GOOD FOOD!
    I want to ask “Where in the so-called evolution of the human race did we develop needs that only factory made chemicals can suffice?” I often see older people hobble away from pharmacy counters with a shoe box full of drugs! A lot of times they are bent over and barely able to walk. and, this is called “Health Care? There is no doubt that ALL drugs have side effects that may cause other problems besides those for which they are prescribed. I do not believe that we need chemicals to live!
    The reason for the insane pushing of drugs is that modern medicine is controlled by Big Pharma! Drugs are a multi billion dollar industry! The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is completely owned by Big Pharma! The people who work in this Department come from drug companies and/or are doctors, and after they finish their terms at the FDA, they return to the industries that they have been “Regulating!”
    I want to mention one (out of many) outrageous actions that the FDA has done. There were millions of people taking the supplement EPHEDRA for weight loss. A major league ball-player suddenly died during Spring Training. He (along with 15 to 20 million other people) was taking Ephedra. The FDA said that while they had absolutely NO EVIDENCE that ephedra had contributed to his death, they would BAN this herb! But, while they banned the natural product, they left the artificial patented (you can only make money on patented drugs) product (EPHEDRINE) on the market!
    You often hear that vitamin and mineral supplements may not be safe because they are not regulated by the Government. Well, watch TV and see how safe “REGULATED” drugs are! There are tons of ads by law firms who are suing the Big Pharma companies because so many people have been injured or killed by APPROVED drugs! Big Pharma has paid out millions of dollars to settle these lawsuits! To the drug companies this is just the cost of doing business because they are making BILLIONS! My personal opinion is that far more people are damaged by drugs than the conditions that these drugs are supposed to treat!
    A few words about me. I am 74 years old. I take NO DRUGS-illegal or legal. I haven’t been to a doctor for years. I don’t have a doctor! I don’t want to have routine physical checkups by a doctor because, many times, these checkups result in BIG FAT fees for doctors and sales of drugs for BIG PHARMA! I will take care of my own health, thank you! In subsequent posts, I will write about some of the things I do to take care of myself.

Feedback Score

If that is how your doctor's office treats you, and you haven't complained, or sought another doctor, then who is to blame for the crappy care you feel you are getting?

My doctor knows my health issues and works with me to do things to correct them. Both with medicine and changes in my life style. You may be fortunate not to have any health issues that would require medical assistance but your blanket statements about doctors, and some drugs is wrong, and down right dangerous to the point of being deadly for some people. I have diabetes, tell me what natural supplements will take care of that. There are none that will reliably and safely help me maintain my blood sugar levels. I do take some supplements but they alone will not do the job. But to abandon my doctor and endochronoligist would be a death sentence for me.

The fact of the matter is too many people are passive in their medical care and never even ask what the drug the doctor prescibes will do, or if it will interact with anything else they are taking. I am NOT passive at all. Whenever they change any med I have I ask a ton of questions about side effects, both long and short term, and interactions with other drugs I am taking. In fact their are certain diabetic drugs I refuse to take because of horrendous side effects.

Being pissed off and uninformed is no way to approach any type of medical care. It is your repsonsibility as a patient to ask questions or do your own research about any treatment any medical professional wants to do to you.

Feedback Score

Hey, don't get me wrong! I do appreciate the fact that we have the best doctors on earth. But, I believe that they are controlled by a sorry system-Big Pharma. Big Pharma is only interested in one thing-MONEY! And, they want EVERY single American on drugs. 80% of people my age are on some kind of drug. Big Pharma considers the other 20% as DEADBEATS!
    If I went to a doctor, he might be interested in the best methods of promoting health. He could also be well trained by the drug industry. I haven't been ill for a number of years and I plan to continue my way of protecting my health. Sometimes, after you sstart a drug regiment you are stuck on it for life.
    However, if I ever get in an accident and my body gets broken up, get me to the best doctor in town so he can put me back together!
    My wife has diabetes and I don't know what she will do if TSHTF. I am trying to find something that she can use to help control her blood sugar. Cinnamon shows promise. Supposedly chromium can help control blood sugar. But, I haven't been able to get her to try it yet. I'll keep researching for her.
    I wish America was like China. Over there a doctor can use ANY method of medical care that he wants to-Allopathic, homeopathic, naturepathic and any thing else. In America, a doctor is considered a success when he has a waiting room full of patients. In China he's considered successful if his waiting room is empty. In China they want the citizens to be productive, not sitting around ailing all the time as is so commo0n in this country.
    Anyhow, I do appreciate your comments and I hope we're still friends, OK? Dario
    And, by the way; I am not being mistreated by any doctor. I haven't seen a doctor since 1986, and, I only did it then because my job required it.

Feedback Score

Hey, don't get me wrong! I do appreciate the fact that we have the best doctors on earth. But, I believe that they are controlled by a sorry system-Big Pharma. Big Pharma is only interested in one thing-MONEY! And, they want EVERY single American on drugs. 80% of people my age are on some kind of drug. Big Pharma considers the other 20% as DEADBEATS!
    If I went to a doctor, he might be interested in the best methods of promoting health. He could also be well trained by the drug industry. I haven't been ill for a number of years and I plan to continue my way of protecting my health. Sometimes, after you sstart a drug regiment you are stuck on it for life.
    However, if I ever get in an accident and my body gets broken up, get me to the best doctor in town so he can put me back together!
    My wife has diabetes and I don't know what she will do if TSHTF. I am trying to find something that she can use to help control her blood sugar. Cinnamon shows promise. Supposedly chromium can help control blood sugar. But, I haven't been able to get her to try it yet. I'll keep researching for her.
    I wish America was like China. Over there a doctor can use ANY method of medical care that he wants to-Allopathic, homeopathic, naturepathic and any thing else. In America, a doctor is considered a success when he has a waiting room full of patients. In China he's considered successful if his waiting room is empty. In China they want the citizens to be productive, not sitting around ailing all the time as is so commo0n in this country.
    Anyhow, I do appreciate your comments and I hope we're still friends, OK? Dario

Feedback Score

dario541,

We never wre enemies so I guess we are still friends. Look the simple truth is somethings sneak up on you and by the time you have symptoms it make betoo late to fix, cancer is a prime example. That is why I believe in regular doctor visits. Truth is you don't have to doa damn thing your doctor says. The choice is still yours.

Feedback Score

My main purpose for this post is to try to determine what we can do if the fit hits the shan and a doctor visit may not be an option. Maybe there will be no drug stores around. How are we going to survive? What is my diabetic wife going to do when she cannot visit the pharmacy and get her insulin and monitoring supplies? I tell you, that thought does worry me. Her Medicare will only pay for one month at a time. And, we do not have the money to pay cash for a year or two supply. So, I am concerned. After all, we have been married for 54 years and I do still care for her. Therefore, I am searching for something that will work for her in some unknown future. There must be some natural items available. Just got to find them.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by dario541 View Post
    My main purpose for this post is to try to determine what we can do if the fit hits the shan and a doctor visit may not be an option. Maybe there will be no drug stores around. How are we going to survive? What is my diabetic wife going to do when she cannot visit the pharmacy and get her insulin and monitoring supplies? I tell you, that thought does worry me. Her Medicare will only pay for one month at a time. And, we do not have the money to pay cash for a year or two supply. So, I am concerned. After all, we have been married for 54 years and I do still care for her. Therefore, I am searching for something that will work for her in some unknown future. There must be some natural items available. Just got to find them.
    If she is a type 1 diabetic I doubt you will find a replacement for her insulin. The fact is the pancreas is no longer making enough, if any, insulin naturally at that point and the injections replace that. If she is a type 2 diabetic and not on her way to insulin by a worsening condition she may have better luck controlling her diabetes by weight loss, diet, and some supplements. But diabetes generally is not one of those things that roots, nuts, herbs and hone brews can fix. Even if you could buy a years worht of insulin I don't think the shelf life is that long.

Believe me, I have sweated the same type of scenario. I am a type 2 diabetic with having to take insulin looming in my future. I understand what that means if everything goes to shit. It means my death due to complications from diabetes if I am unable to get my insulin. Not a pleasant thought at all...
    Last edited by FyredUp; 04-29-2013 at 01:46 AM.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.