Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 25 Survival Uses For Duct Tape

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default 25 Survival Uses For Duct Tape

25 Survival Uses For Duct Tape

Snippit:

If there ever was a miracle product better than spray-on-hair or the ShamWow, it is duct tape. Over the past 70 years of its existence, this staple product of fix-it-yourselfers has been used by virtually every walk of life, for jobs that I’m sure the duct tape developers never imagined. So how can we use it for survival?

25 Survival Uses For Duct Tape
    Here are my top 25 survival uses for duct tape, in no order whatsoever.

Continued: 25 Survival Uses For Duct Tape | Pakalert Press

Black Blade: "Duct Tape" also known a "Redneck Repair". Versatile item useful in innumerable situations.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

that discount store duct tape sucks. it won't even stick to itself.

for any of that to work your going to need quality duct tape.

don't know where your going to find 'real" duct tape--maybe some industrial supply still carry's the real thing?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Something else that's even better in many respects is the shrink wrap tape that they use for shrink wrapping boats. It lasts for years on stuff even when totally exposed to the weather, duck tape,,even the good stuff wouldn't hold up any where near as long, 6-8 months tops. I've only seen it in blue and white, but have never looked for any other color,so don't know if there's more options. Try some, you can get it at places like West Marine, ect.

It's a plastic tape and that you can even shrink with a heat gun,,,just a little,, making it really tight on something, flexible and strong,different widths available and it don't leave goop or that dried on crusty shit, even after years of being on something.

Great stuff, if you love duck tape,, you'll love this even more,,,,,,,,,,

And I should know, I'm a Vermonter, ,, and you know what they say about a Vermonter being able to fix anything with duck tape!!!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Doubles
    Last edited by twa2471; 05-06-2013 at 07:48 AM.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I have found 3M is about the best brand in any tape I have ever bought. You pay $11-12 for each roll, but it sticks and lasts.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Trivia. How did duct tape get its name?
    Down here we call it "Go Fast Tape." Many a race at the Daytona 500 would not have been won, without it..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Gorilla Glue has a line of duct tape, which sticks better than any brand of duct tape that I have ever tried. I used some side by side with the 3M, and it was no contest, the Gorilla Glue brand is WAY stickier. Now, I'm not sure how long it lasts compared to the 3M, when exposed to the elements, so.......

4th, I would "assume" it got it's name from being used on heating and cooling ducts in homes, but I'm also assuming that you're going to spring a completely different answer on me. Maybe the ductwork on aircraft back during WW2??
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

I always keep duct tape and bailing wire on hand. Useful for all kinds of stuff.
    Yeah, the Gorrilla Glue brand is the best.

It was originally called "duck tape"
    From wikipedia:

The first material called "duck tape" was long strips of plain cotton duck cloth used in making shoes stronger, for decoration on clothing, and for wrapping steel cables or electrical conductors to protect them from corrosion or wear.[1] For instance, in 1902, steel cables supporting the Brooklyn Bridge were first covered in linseed oil then wrapped in duck tape before being laid in place.[2] In the 1910s, certain boots and shoes used canvas duck fabric for the upper or for the insole, and duck tape was sometimes sewn in for reinforcement.[3] In 1936, the US-based Insulated Power Cables Engineers Association specified a wrapping of duck tape as one of many methods used to protect rubber-insulated power cables.[4] In 1942, Gimbel's department store offered venetian blinds that were held together with vertical strips of duck tape.[5] All of these uses were for plain cotton or linen tape that came without a layer of applied adhesive.
    “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.” George Washington

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    George Washington

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Duct tape is the quintessential multipurpose survival kit.
    I keep several rolls of the good stuff on hand.
    It's uses are only limited by the imagination.

Shooter

Feedback Score

while on the subject of Duct tape I have the Silver metal 3M tape that works great on alot of projects, but dose anyone know if this metal tape comes in flat black, I just have on of My ideas that I want to try and If it works I'll post it qiickly, I just need to find some black metal tape ,,,,Doc

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.