Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Shipping Containers For Underground Bunkers: Read This First!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Gezzz I'd never though of one of those for new construction.

That ,would ,,,be a good safe/gun/reloading room or shelter wouldn't it now!!!! Use it as the inside form for the cement walls and make a door set in to it, going to the rest of the basement with a vault type door you can get easily and your golden. Great idea if you're in a typically dry area where cellar moisture isn't a problem.

What a good idea. Food for thought for folks in tornado prone areas and not that much more overall cost when doing a new construction , at least I wouldn't think it would cost to much more. Certainly cheaper than a stand alone unit though.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

id love to say that it was "my" idea & an original thought... but it werent.

so yeah if your doing a new construction its real easy to set one of these in your basement area.. guess if you have a deep enough basement and tall enough door you could add one later.. but most of these are 8' high & most garage/basement doors are 7'..

i dont have a basement & my garage doors are only 7' or i'd have one of these in my garage already.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

If it was going into a cellar I wouldn't worry about the end doors, just add one to the side, the normal height and you'd be good to go. One of the vault type doors would be great for that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.