Thread: Industries Making the Most Money on Doomsday Preppers

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Industries Making the Most Money on Doomsday Preppers

Industries Making the Most Money on Doomsday Preppers

Snippit:

To identify the industries that benefit the most from doomsday preppers, 24/7 Wall St. focused on key spending categories. Many items are actually impossible to flag as “prepper supplies” because they are ordinary household items bought by consumers every day. Other items are more specific and can run into the thousands of dollars or more.

The costs of basic needs — food, clothing and shelter — can be enormous for preppers as they plan for disaster. Food cannot just be a few cans of beans and rice with some bottled water, but months or even years worth of prepackaged goods. It can include water filtration and purification systems and thousands of gallons of bottled water. Shelter may translate to a defendable urban shelter or a remote refuge away from cities. Clothing may be extreme weather gear and may include hazardous material suits, warfare and hunting gear. Backup medicines and first aid kits are also basic needs.

For the more extreme survivalists, there is “bugout gear” that goes way beyond a suitcase, backpack and tent. Some preppers keep gold and silver stashes to barter with when paper money will be worthless. Guns, knives and ammunition are also common among preppers. Many go so far as to have generators or at least rudimentary cooking supplies and candles to last for months. Hand-crank emergency radios, specialty tools and equipment are also considered essentials.

Being a doomsday prepper is not actually that new. During the 1950s and 1960s, houses were built with bomb shelters, from the very basic to quite elaborate. Shelters were also not unheard of in the 1970s and 1980s during the height of the Cold War. Congress had a plan to relocate the government to an alternative site in The Greenbrier Resort in White Sulphur Springs, W. Va.

These are the industries making the most money on doomsday preppers.

Continued: http://247wallst.com/special-report/...sday-preppers/

Black Blade: Actually it doesn't have to cost much to prep. I know several folk who are bar bones preppers buying bulk grains and canned their own garden fruits and veggies as well as their own small livestock (chickens, rabbits, goats, etc.). They shop at Army-Navy Surplus, yard/garage sales, and Thrift Shops (i.e Starvation Army, St. Vincint de Paul, Deseret Industries and Goodwill). They don't buy brand new vehicles or the latest gadgets either. Of course there are those of more substantial means who buy the latest and greatest "survival toys" but that is a personal choice for these folk. Many hard core preppers/survivalists I know do very well on a shoestring budget. Heck, even have an old "hippy" prepper friend who raised his family in an old converted school bus living in the Santa Cruz mountains on the left coast. Where there's a will there's a way I suppose.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Come to think of it. I also had a few Arky and Okie friends living in the hills to the east of San Jose, CA who lived quite cheap and somewhat self-sufficient. We used to hunt boar together on Mount Hamilton. We ate some rather delicious homemade meals with everything from the garden, wild edibles picked up along the way and most anything they could catch and kill. They kind of were like the "Duck Dynasty" folk we see on TV but much less affluent. Good times and good people too. Doesn't take much to prep and live "cheap" and yet they were among the happiest people I knew compared to some of my other friends.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

You sometimes make me think of Bert Gummer played in the Tremors movies. I might look them up on the net today and re-watch them.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default Black Blade..

You are missing your calling.. You are very into this with great information.. Thank you, I am learning a lot..
    Put you knowledge to use for yourself. A book, a survival school, travel and do lecture information..
    Their are people out their who do not know how to start a campfire.. Not kidding..
    During my years in the Military, back during the Civil War it seems so long ago.. Not complaining now. But we ran into situations where no re-supply was available for extended periods.. Amazing with cooperation and ingenuity, what the human mind is capable of..
    Group thinking and cooperation became the key element.. Literally with lives on the line.. A C-ration can with animal fat and a small piece of shoe lace, became our light.. Etc..
    But do something for yourself.. If you build it, they will come. I bet yah..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.