Gunco Forums banner

Author Bracken offers free ‘bleeding-edge dystopian thrillers' downloads

541 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Black Blade 
#1 ·
Author Bracken offers free ‘bleeding-edge dystopian thrillers' downloads

“My main goal with this is to get the 'Enemies Trilogy' downloaded by folks who have never heard of them,” author Matthew Bracken told his Facebook followers yesterday when he announced he is making his “Enemies, Foreign and Domestic” series of novels available for free Kindle downloads, beginning today.

“The deal will run all day Monday through Thursday,” Bracken advised.

From October 14 through 17, readers can download the first book in the series, “Enemies Foreign and Domestic.” The second novel, “Domestic Enemies: The Reconquista,” will be offered from October 21 through 24, and the final installment, “Foreign Enemies and Traitors,” will be offered from October 28 through 31.

The novels, what Bracken refers to as “bleeding-edge dystopian thrillers,” center on the efforts of Americans who cherish freedom to restore it. His credentials include serving on UDT and SEAL teams, brings a depth of real-world knowledge to his fictional scenarios, as well as an ability to envision and then articulate a compelling, believable, and at times, seemingly prescient narrative.

“He avoids the proselytizing that can plague the liberty genre and delivers a solid, exciting tale with deep and believable characters,” this correspondent wrote in a GUNS Magazine review of Bracken’s first book. “Bracken nails the probability of a near-future disintegration of the Republic with terrifying prescience,” I wrote of the second. “As always, Bracken writes a page-turner involving main characters you care about deeply or hate to their evil cores.” I said of the third volume. “[W]hen it comes to technical details, explanations of weapons systems, military protocols, intelligence capabilities--nobody does it better.”

Those aren’t the only Bracken books I’ve given enthusiastic reviews for, confessing that I could not put “Castigo Cay” down, and promoting his latest offering, “The Bracken Anthology.” And it’s not the first time Bracken has made his work available as a free Kindle download. This column reported on “Operation #EFAD” last year, when the first novel in his trilogy was offered, and thanks to enthusiastic support from Bracken’s appreciative readers, reached the #1 spot for such downloads.

Those readers will recognize that getting Bracken’s work in front of more Americans will bolster the fellowship of freedom-oriented minds or help awaken some who have not been paying attention -- so even if you’ve read his books, you should understand the value of helping him reach more readers. And if you haven’t, there is no small core of ardent enthusiasts who will tell you you’re in for a grand reading experience.

“Enemies Foreign and Domestic” is now available for free Kindle download by clicking here. If you don’t have a Kindle, Amazon provides free reading apps for whatever you have, be it PC, Mac or device.

Please share this opportunity with your friends, and urge them to do the same.

http://www.examiner.com/article/aut...ng-edge-dystopian-thrillers-downloads?cid=rss

Black Blade: Good books. Bought some from Amazon a couple years ago.

See less See more
#2 ·
when you LIVE in a "dystopian" world why would you want to read about it in fiction--

hell i want to read a book that has a honest politician, where people are working and making a good living , the education system is working, and the economy is sound and wall-street ain't full of crooks--

you know REAL fiction--LOL!

#3 ·
ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That there is just plain funny!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.