Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Home Security System

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Home Security System

I bought a SimpliSafe home security system and got the monitoring service. I got the base station, a couple motion detectors, several entry sensors, panic button, siren, key chain remotes and keypad They also sell the freeze alarm, water sensor (for flooding - i.e. broken water heater), fire and carbon monoxide alarms. Soon they claim they will add remote video cameras. I like this one because it's wireless and I can manage my settings online or from my Android.

It took about 30 minutes to set up and get linked up. I have a 72 hour period that runs in test mode before it goes "live" on the monitorung service. So far I have been testing and I get alerts from all my sensors and my ear-piercing alarms work. For the price I can't complain. I spent about $330 for a refurbished unit from the SimpliSafe site online. I may add a couple more entry sensors for a couple of gun safes.

The USPS delivered everything yesterday. For some reason I thought it would be a bigger box.

Keychain remotes and Motion Detector

Entry Sensor and Panic Button

Keypad and Base Station

Security Sign for the Cabin

We'll see how this works.

- Black Blade
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

10 Tips For Better Home Security

March 16, 2014, by Ken Jorgustin

Make your home less of a target for burglars.
    Consider any of the following tips for better home security.

Read more…
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Get a "generic" security system sign, telling the potential thief the type of system you have gives him a leg up on how to defeat it. Might not want to put one up at all, while it may have a deterrent effect, it also forewarns them they have to defeat a system instead of a surprise when they set it off.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

as advertised on glenn beck and sean hannity radio,

in our neighborhood no sign on front lawn or sticker in the window guranatees you will get broken too, heck two of my neighbors have signs on the lawn and no alarm, seems the illegal aliens can read english when they need too

the video cameras are a hoot, I once read of a snow bird who lived in canada, his computer automatically came on, he watched two illegals walking through the house near me here in south florida, before he could call long distance to the sherriffs office they were already apprended and in custody
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Shit if they did that around here they would be chewed to shreds or shot dead first,, long before any PD got here to respond being out in the boone stocks as I am. I've just got the most basic system myself and only enough to warn me of movement in my yard or buildings with auto spotlights everywhere ,that's it.

And all I really need actually I don't worry about cameras myself, those would just get you in trouble IMO, especially sense I shoot at intruders slinking around after dark around here first, then call 911,,no quarter, no slack.

I occasionally get the comment,,,"Oh , you're the guy that caught the burglar in the bear trap",,even after many years, people still know better and remember it well,

and it seems crooks know it too and they stay away sense they never know just what other nasty surprises may be awaiting them around here, and my reputation preseds me. Must be the story is still brought up by others sense so many seem to still know about it after all these years !!!

People still cringe when they ask me if it would bother me to shoot someone and I reply,,,,

Hell No,,they wouldn't be the first!!

Trying to Steal from me,,,,would not be a well thought out plan,,,,,period!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I've got the parts laying around to build one but lost interest. It would have been motion detectors and horns with a reset timer and a strobe light outside my house.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I've just got a a driveway detector that rings a buzzer, some auto spotlights and a couple other sensors and grumpy dogs and that works just fine for what I need.

Feedback Score

Well TWA I heard a funny comment one time about a low cost security system.

They said..you need the following:

1.) Go to a yard sale and buy the biggest work boots (size 14 or bigger) you can find.

2.) get some 'Guns and Ammo" magazines.

Sit #1 on top of #2 on the front porch where they can easily be seen!

3.) Write a note saying," I just left to pick up my guns and ammo from the shop but will be back soon! I just wormed the dogs and they are feeling nasty and will tear you up, so be careful! Sissy is home but on her period. She loaded up her gun and went to her room to rest. I would wait until I got back to make any noise or knock on the door. She is in an evil and cantankerous mood! I hope she don't up and shoot the postman!"

Place # 3 (note) on door.

I do like the idea of the bear traps though!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

The judge didn't like the bear trap idea very much though,,,I got a pretty good stern lecture for that one, lost my 1800's bear trap too.GERRRRR That damn thing was worth a couple grand and I never got it back after the court case and the burglar got sentenced.

I do remember seeing that post, I think it was entitled the "Hillbilly Security System" or Red Neck security system,,,or something like that if I remember right. That was some funny shit!!!

Around here it may be common though,,I can see that happening here in Vt
    I still think dogs are your best system though,,plus you just got some furry buddies to hang with besides, I'm very much a critter guy.

Feedback Score

My dogs are my friends ,security system and first line of defense. My neighbor has ADT.I have DOGS. .and a shotgun.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.