Thread: PVC Building projects

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default PVC Building projects

PVC Building projects

Snippit:

As experienced preppers, we have often used PVC pipe to create caches to store emergency items around our property and in strategic locations between work and home. But I've been amazed at how many times we've been able to use PVC to create needed items around our farm. We often have excess PVC pipe laying around, generally excess pieces left over from water line repairs and the like.

PVC pipe comes in a wide assortment of lengths and widths. They have connectors that allow them to be assembled into almost any form or structure. The hollow pipes are lightweight, slightly flexible and capable of conducting liquid and air. Easy to cut, PVC pipe can be used to create skeleton forms for so a myriad of uses. And, it plays into our motto of reduce, reuse and recycle.

See if you can build some of these ten garden structures with PVC irrigation pipe and connectors. Not only is it easy to construct what you want, but it will be inexpensive and you can simply disassemble the pieces when you are done. Or you can glue pieces together for a more stable, permanent construction.

Continued: http://www.areawidenews.com/blogs/1538/entry/55682/

Black Blade: Details are at the link above. Looks like an excellent alternative for a temporary structure or greenhouse. I will have to file this one for later.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score

shops ( as in mechanic or body shops for example ) use PVC tubing for their air lines, from what i have noticed ...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Another good plans/ideas resource:
    http://www.pvcplans.com/
    "To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk."
    - Thomas Alva Edison
    |> Military training/history DVDs: www.loose-cannon.com/military
    Latest eBook: Build Your Own AK: Vol. II

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

I built a green house like that. I take the plastic off during summer months. Bout time to clean up the bins and put the plastic back up and get my winter stuff sprouting! *Edit* W00t! 1,200th post!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Nice! I always thought this a good way to extend the growing season where I live. I get tomatoes and melons almost to harvest and then the early frost strikes before everything ripens. Even if it only adds a couple more weeks of growth then it's worth it for me. Good to have raised beds too and another good spot for some "midnight gardenng" if ya know what I mean.

- Black Blade
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

I live on a military base. When i first built it i had PMO(MPs/Cops) cruising the house and eyeballin' it constantly. Then one day i stopped them and told them to come check it out. So they did and after that they stopped cruising our housing area. Hah. We live in sunny SoCal, so its almost warm and sunny year round. Been getting pretty cold down here at night (mid 40s) for this area i guess. i was raised in southern Oregon, so 'cold' to me is usually 0-15 degrees, but after a buncha years down here im adjusting to this awesome surf weather. hah.

Feedback Score

Just a joke but I hope I don't see you on "weed wars"! Again just a joke!

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.