Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 5 Ways to Store Water for Short Term Emergencies

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Waterbricks Delivered Today

I ordered 10 Waterbricks from Sportsmans Guide using a $20 gift card and "free Shipping" coupon. They serve two functions - 1) frozen they will keep my game cold when the power goes out, and; 2) they also serve as a backup source of fresh water. I filled them and set them in my chest freezer.

Just another small step to add to my "prepping" needs. Little by little my stores add up. I come closer and closer to "Going Galt" each day.

- Black Blade
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score

I have a rain water recovery system on my 10 x 16 shed. It is attached to 2 of the 275 gallon steel caged food grade totes. It only took 5 days to fill them both during some record rain showers here a few months ago. I'm planning to expand it with 3 more totes when the weather warms up.

Feedback Score

Holy cow, Black Blade! I am originally from Rawlins. I didn't think there was any water in Wyoming. That's why they have horny toads running around. LOL

Feedback Score

Now putting the smart ass aside, Black blade and I(Nebraska) have an advantage. Our water is good. I have drunk water out of Seminole dam and the Platte river without purifying it. We have a windmill well 15 miles from here with sweet water. It is our well and 150 feet deep, down to the Oglala aquifer. Given a little warning a bath tub holds about 50 gallons as does our water heater. Depending on the warning that means about 100 gallons of water, a little over a months supply. Most houses have a bottle of Clorox bleach. Cloroxed water doesn't taste good, but chemically pure stagnant water can be purified and be made drinkable. Just my two cents worth.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I get water from a well and have a creek off the Big Horns with crystal clear spring water. My other place has clean water right out or the Henry's Fork of the Snake River. Also have a couple Big Berkey water filtration units. I am set on water thankfully.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score

I'm on a well and have a pond and 3 springs in a half mile radius. Don't worry about it unless I see zombies coming out of the pond!

Feedback Score

What do you use to decomtaminate wells with zombies in them?
    Quote Originally Posted by stalker1 View Post
    I'm on a well and have a pond and 3 springs in a half mile radius. Don't worry about it unless I see zombies coming out of the pond!

Feedback Score

ZOMBIE CLEAN! You haven't seen the infomercial yet?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Long Term Water Solutions: Bugging In

thedailysheeple.com / By Daisy Luther / March 4th, 2014

Water is second only to oxygen in the hierarchy of survival. Without it, in 3 days, you’ll die. But it goes much further than that. Water is vital for basic sanitation, for growing more food, for raising livestock, for cooking, and for treating injuries. So even if you have enough to drink, without enough for those other needs, your chances aren’t good.

The solutions you choose for water should be based on whether your plans for long term survival are bugging out to a secondary or unknown location, or sheltering in place. This week we’ll talk about solutions for bugging in.

There are several aspects to water that you should consider if your long term plans are to bug in at your current location. Many of these solutions can also be put into place if you have a secondary location to which you will travel in the event of a crisis.

Storage

First things first, you must store water. This is absolutely the initial step that people should be taking in their preparedness journey. The good news is, it is also one of the least expensive preparations. There are many different ways to put back a month’s supply of water. We store drinking water and water for pets and sanitation. Keep in mind that in the event of a disaster, even if water is flowing from the taps, it may not be safe to drink. Waterborne diseases like typhoid kill many people in the aftermath of natural disasters, sometimes causing more deaths than the disaster itself.

READ MORE

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

BB you nailed it, again.. Good Man.. Yup, one just has to look at the recent Philippines disaster to see. People were not desperate for food, poor people were begging for water..
    You can last longer than yah think without food, but without water, your gonna die.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.